Random Jeep chatter

Lectron sells one… although lectron in general seems to have issues with overheating due to insufficient gauge wires used, so i dont know if i would trust their offering.

I have a Gladiator Mojave right now, almost 1k miles and hate it. It’s an absolute DOG and the gas mileage is noticeably worse than all my previous V6 Wranglers and actually less than my averages in 1500s.

Priced it through all the usual suspects - Driveway, Carvana, Carmax, Autonation, WeBuyAnyCar, GMTV.
Interestingly, Driveway was about $3500 LESS than all the others; they are all in the $52k range and Driveway was at $48000. I told the Driveway agent that, and I have all offers in writing and they’ve totally disengaged!

My Jeep roof wouldn’t open sometimes and when it did it got stuck. Dealer ordered a part and it didn’t work. Next day got a call that it was just some bent connectors. Lady at the counter gave me the wrong paperwork to sign first which showed what they billed to Stellantis for warranty (New roof motor, adjust roof, modules and list goes on) but they really didn’t do anything.

Jeep, they held a contest to come up with a new easter egg, with best idea getting a new Jeep, then bailed and never named a winner.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a32934137/design-the-next-easter-egg-win-a-jeep/

i have been looking myself and haven’t come up with a good option as a permanent solution. there are things like the lectron that mllcb recommended but the overwhelming sentiment is this is more of an in-case-of-emergency type item rather than a everyday one.

if you do find something please let us know. otherwise my electrician bill is going to skyrocket.

1 Like

@mllcb42 , how you feeling about your HA? I honestly think the steel gray interior is awesome and I’m happy about it every time I open the door, even better when I can push a button to move the top back.

Loving it. Open the sky one touch at least 4 times a day. The steel gray interior looks great. Wish it had slightly more width, had auto up/down windows, and the wiring harness from the doors didnt stick into the cabin and tub my shin.

2 Likes

Windows are auto down, just not auto up.

Front windows are auto down, rears are not

2 Likes

Seriously, Jeep does some fcked up sht and the process of ordering can be frustrating, but the SOT is the only way to go. Every Jeep I ordered and sold had SOT, just in case I got stuck with it. I really didn’t care about profit, I just wanted more people to have it.

2 Likes

That would be great, have a Gobi Rubicon ordered.

Unfortunately I have been trying to place a 392 order with them for awhile. I too was trying to work something out because they are closer than the other dealers.

1 Like

I ordered a hard top with the idea we’d take the top off for the entire summer (never rains here and will garage it). And maybe the doors, too. Basically treat it like a street legal golf cart for three months or so. Can you do that with the SOT ? Aren’t you stuck with the folded umbrella look in the back 1/4 of the Jeep roof?

Sounds like you live in the perfect climate for the traditional hard top. You are correct you are stuck with the folded umbrella look and the rear hatch glass cannot be removed. I saw a YouTube video of someone fully removing the SOT however I would not have confidence this was intended to come apart and I would question it would go back together with the same tolerances and integrity. SOT is an awesome compromise between the soft and hard top but does have the trade off of unable to go full naked.

You can remove the SOT but lazy me will never do it, and I’m sure 99% of SOT owners won’t either. The removable hardtop might make sense for those that have a hoist and want to waste time removing, storing, getting stuck in bad weather, etc. It may never rain where someone lives, until they have no top on and they are100 miles from home.

Rubicon, SOT, both safety, steel bumpers, black grille, trail cam, leather, cold weather, tow, mopar hinge gate reinforcement, all weather mats

1 Like

Dealer: what options do you want?

jdub10: yes

11 Likes

This is my third Wrangler and 5th Jeep. I didn’t want to regret not having certain options like I did on my last two. I’m just ready for the thing to be built, I’m selling my raptor in the next couple of weeks and driving my wife’s GCL in the meantime.

2 Likes

Did you see a sarge green sahara with saddle interior and SOT hanging out anywhere?

Are you going to take delivery now?