Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

$82,350 ish.

ah ok. just asking b/c new base msrp is around 86…somehow.

It was an order from July I think. Picked up in October.

Almost makes me wish I kept my 88k MSRP level 2 with pano, safety and trailer tow😭

I ordered my first base on Thanksgiving Day last year, 75k MSRP. sale price was 66k…crazy how much the price has increased in just a year.

7 Likes

Inflation is only 7.7% tho

1 Like

Biden said it was at 0
Who’s lying?

1 Like

Stellantis they keep raising prices with 0 inflation.

2 Likes

There’s a thread going on about values on these dropping pretty recently. If you’re planning to flip, I’d dump it as soon as you can.

Based on the MMR posted in that forum it doesn’t seem too bad for the 2022 TRX.

A base at the height of the market was 86-87K. Now 82-84K. I’ll take that any day over what’s happened to the 4xe’s and C8.

2 Likes

MMR is down about 5k in a little over a months time.

Have 23s hit the market yet? That would explain some.

1 Like

No, they just started producing them

Low ball offers don’t make the market if they’re not accepted. GMTV has been texting me to see if I have any new vehicles. I flat out told them to pound sand. The last 3 vehicles they’ve low-balled me with bs stories about the market and how their model has tight margins (looking to make $500 a transaction). I’ve sold them significantly higher to dealers. Still have a 4xe (waiting for title and reg) and a TRX on a transport. Planning to hold on to the TRX until people start to realize how much more the '23s are and a lot less “flips”. These 3rd parties are not going to be seeing the same volume of TRXs coming across their desk/app.

4 Likes

This 100%. Have to do some more leg work in your area to get the highest and best offer. A wholesale broker is not going to give you MMR or above but a dealer can or will. Just have to find the dealer that’s willing to play ball.

The increase in MSRP has helped and will continue to help the 2022’s. We’ve seen a 10K in one year on base MSRP. Likely to go up another 3K-5K by the end of 2023 with the end of the V8 TRX looming next year.

4 Likes

Recently sold my base for 83k . I heard so many bs stories about the market softening from multiple dealers lowballing.

3 Likes

Yeah , I agree. I don’t follow the market on cars as much as some here. This was just based off my limited experience with my car and market. I don’t recall how many dealers I called, but it was at least 20-30 and I started to see around 3-4 decent and 1 good offer. These online ones I use to just gauge at least where I’m at with the range of offers. With the car being too new, either their algorithms took a dump and couldn’t give me an offer or they were straight lowballs.

Interesting video from the throttle house guys where they compare the new Raptor R versus the TRX… the TRX appears to still be the king of the hill in pickup trucks* from a standing start, but gets ever so slightly walked from a roll.

*ICE engine only

2 Likes

Selling base $82500 now.

3 Likes

That $3300 increase on 11/3 is significant. This well has dried up.

I do like the TRX Tyrant that Granger offers but will it reflect any different in the resale world when the car hits the auction lot?