Ram lease return excess wear and tear charge?

Hey, I returned my lease, but prior I got a pre-inspection done with a big scratch and 2 bald tires. I ended up fixing the scratch and getting the tires replaced. I now get a bill with the excess wear and tear charge on the ram 1500 for the scratch and the tires. Wtf? Did they just go by the pre-inspection and didn’t even reinspect it? What should I do? Offcourse I already emailed them, but has anyone had this happen to them?

I would email them and speak with them over phone if possible. Explain the situation and have your invoices ready. They will likely give you an email to send the receipts over to and will verify on the car.

How much did they charge you? 1k? And is this us bank? When did you drop it off? Likely it was not inspected due to covid.

How is anyone supposed to know who is billing you?

There are multiple lease companies that could have funded your RAM lease.

Clchrysler capital. Charged me 695 I spoke to them and they said as long as I provide receipts for the work they will take the charge off. We’ll see what happens.

They prob do this to thousands of people and a small percentage pay it. Fuggin banksters…

2 Likes

lol. @Jrouleau426 must be right!