Quick negotiation question

Update on this, with a happy ending.

Took @28firefighter and @anamnesis111’s advice, and went back to the first dealer, who promised to beat anything else I could find. I asked him to come to 12% off MSRP before rebates (which are $3750), and told him I would not shop the offer, and would buy from them today.

I’m sitting at the dealership, and they have been true to their word. So, score one for the straight shooter.

4 Likes

Outstanding. Good work! Post some pics and the final deal in the trophy garage.

1 Like

Lets wait until he gets out of the finance office.

1 Like

Lol. Came out completely unscathed. No additional markups, The $3750 rebate was contingent on financing through Audi Financial. Rate is 3.49%. USAA was offering 3.29%.

2 Likes

Congrat bud! We are leasing twins. I was at the bmw dealership signing papers for my m4 too! I wont hijack your tread and post my deal in a new post. So happy for you and glad it all worked out!

Didn’t think it was appropriate to post in the trophy garage since this was a purchase, not a lease, but here are some pics and the particulars:

MSRP: $50,835
12% Discount before incentives: $44,734.80
Less $3,750 incentives for AFS financing = $40,984.80 (Total discount about 19.4% off MSRP)
Tax (7.375% of $44,734.80) = $3,299.19
Fees: Doc. Fee = $75
Inspection sticker fee = $10
NY State Tire fee = $12.50
New plates = $210.

Paid the taxes upfront, and put down $7,500. Payments are $564 a month for 66 months. APR is 3.49%. I could have gotten 3.29% from USAA, but I would have lost $750 in rebate cash. It was cheaper to accept the extra interest. No prepayment penalty, in case I want to pay down the principal early.

There are plenty of 2015 S3’s today selling for anywhere between $25K and $30K. I’ll have $9K left after 48 months (which is when the warranty ends), so I should be solidly in the black on this.

2 Likes

NICE!!! Looks like a great ride.

Can’t you just Refi with USAA? Have em write a check to Audi, I doubt the dealer gets dinged unless they marked up the rate…

2 Likes

Beautiful car - enjoy it!

@cjcjcj - you read my mind! I have to check into the fees with USAA, if any. The potential savings would be about $200 over the life of the loan.

@28firefighter - I will indeed! Thanks again for the great advice.

Seems like it isn’t worth the hassle.

Yeah, $200 over 5.5 years isn’t that much, but better in my pocket!

I feel like the time commitment isn’t worth it to get it done.

Only if you keep the car for 5.5 years, otherwise even less. Also, not sure if there is a fee to refinance.

Usually no, its almost word for word what i did on my Focus ST a few years back. FoMoCo gave me a 5.xx% loan (for a certain amount off the car, i forget the number), immediately refinanced at 1.99%. Very quick and simple. Took 20 minutes tops.