Questions about lease turn in

Coming up on the end of my Subaru lease that ends September 16th; last payment is made August 16th. So I’m curious if I start shopping for a new lease at the end of August or Beginning of September? Also when should I schedule my pre-inspection. Outside has a few dings and dents and some curbed rims. Buddy of mine owns a body shop and is going to do the work just not sure how far out from the lease end I should have it done.

Generally speaking about a month before is a good time to start really shopping and reaching out to dealers, etc. Just keep in mind the leasing programs and incentives will most likely change from August to September.

If you happen upon a great deal at the end of August it’s up to you on whether you jump on it or wait and see if September brings anything juicier.

Of course that assumes you know what make and model you’re looking for. If you’re still undecided on that, then now is the time to be doing preliminary research, test drives, etc.

As to the lease end inspection, Subaru should reach out sometime within the final 45 days or so of your lease to schedule that, although some manufacturers have suspended inspections due to covid.

If you live in a city or are the kind of driver that’s prone to dings, nicks, curb rash, etc. then there’s no harm in waiting until the last week or two to get it fixed, assuming you’re confident your buddy can “get it done” in that time.