Question for those of you who drive a Grand Cherokee 4xe

how do you figure?

Look at the MMR of 3- and 4-year old models. Apply a 20-25% haircut if you want to be extra cautious.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the RX hybrid had a sub $400 effective over 3-4 years.

1 Like

83dB in a Grand Cherokee?! What…with all the windows down and the stereo turned up full blast? :rofl:

Even the incredibly non-insulated Wrangler is probably upper 60s-low 70s at highway speeds. No way a functional GC is 80dB+…that’s loud lawn mower territory.

1 Like

75 mph on the highway with the ac blowing

Charge rates are usually different by brand/vehicle… Chrysler/Jeep is definitely on the slow side… on 120v, takes about 12 hours for a full charge which is 25 miles… same number of miles on our Y with same 120v, probably around 5-6 hours… the Leaf around 8 hours.

As for the ride of the GC 4xe… we have the base and it’s fine… but I guess when you compare it to a Y, any other ride is better. :slight_smile:

The 4xe charge rate is quite normal. 1.4 kW on 110, 7.7 kW on 240.

Its just a 4x4 phev, so the mpge isnt amazing when you compare against single speed evs or cuv phevs

Did it really measure 83db?

That is downright dog awful. Not just bad, but really bad.

1 Like

Yeah it was worst case over rough pavement but mid 70s is common on the highway. The GC is not quiet at all. Lots of road, wind, engine noise.

Quiet EVs like the i4 are low 60s on the highway. Most Teslas in the upper 60s. My Telluride was low 60s even mid/upper 50s at times.

Bronco was 80s also. Frigging loud car lol.

You might want to get your meter checked, because your values are impossibly high. I don’t think you realize how loud 80dB+ really is…none of these vehicles should be anywhere near that volume, even with the windows down frankly.

1 Like

Model y at mid 70s at 75mph

Yeah, sorry, that’s what I meant by “vehicle”. I guess I should clarify as I didn’t mean rate by kw but by miles charged per hour.

Larget PHEVs are less efficient than smaller EVs. But drivetrain/battery tech is also a factor (ie brand).

I pretty much only drove my Bronco (2Dr) with the windows fully down. lol.

I have to find the screenshots on the highway… maybe the values were upper 70s. I would take screengrabs of the dB level at various points of my drive.

To be very clear, on local roads the Bronco wasn’t THAT (80db) loud. I also pretty much never drove it on local roads either as stop and go traffic sucked in it.

Same meter app. Driving down i-4 in Feb 2023 with a 2-Door Big Bend Bronco with stock wheels. Probably with the windows down. Traveling 65-70mph mostly likely. My EVs would be low/mid/upper 60s on the same route.

Can you have a conversation on the highway with a Bronco? IMO not at all unless you are yelling.

Texting and driving can kill you bro

1 Like

Not texting. You press the left and right buttons to take screenshots - with my right hand. I’m not even looking at the phone. I’m just repeatedly hitting the screenshot buttons. I have about 15 images - different sample points (and for some reason the screenshots grab the phone AND CarPlay images). Same dB level.

Well now that we have established a model y is almost twice as loud as a grand cherokee and a bronco is 4 times as loud as a grand cherokee, i feel accomplished.

2 Likes

And the Wrangler 4xE is like a library compared to the Bronco. I was very surprised at how quiet it is compared to the Bronco. I had it for a week and drove the same route to my office.

The 2022+ Model Ys are significantly quieter than the first gen. I don’t know why folks complain about it being noisy these days because it’s not. My 21 RAV4 Prime had wind and road noise that was a step worse than the Y. 73 dB in gas mode. The Y is is in the 67s.

What’s been your experience with this? Smooth ride? A little bumpy? Worse?

I find the ride plenty comfortable in my base 4xe without air suspension. It may lean on the slightly firmer side than some vehicles on the market, but i certainly don’t find it bumpy.

1 Like

We have a base GC 4xe too and after spending more time with it. it’s like our previous SUV, much better ride than our last car… the Model Y. :slight_smile: