Question about move to another state with leased car

I tried to search for it but couldn’t seem to find a answer.

So I plan to lease a car in IN and drive it here for 2 weeks, than drive it to WA. I will put 10 MSD.

From what I understand, all I need to do is get to WA and change my “garaged address” with my leasing company to my new WA address and register the car in WA, which means I would only be paying the registration fee twice, once in IN and once in WA.

My question is, can I return my car to the nearest dealer who sale same brand? Will I get my deposit back from the same dealer or the original dealer?

I’m afraid to ask my local dealer because I think they will be less willing to sell me the car knowing that I won’t do service at his place.

[quote=“bbalnce, post:1, topic:8993”]
My question is, can I return my car to the nearest dealer who sale same brand? Will I get my deposit back from the same dealer or the original dealer?

I’m afraid to ask my local dealer because I think they will be less willing to sell me the car knowing that I won’t do service at his place.[/quote]

Generally you can return to any dealer of the same brand. And the deposit comes back from the leasing company/bank. The dealer has no financial connection after you take delivery.

The last part is probably true.

Thanks for the response!

Have you considered leasing in WA? I’m sure you have, just curious.

Yea. But the trim I want are sold out. An A4 with premium plus and tech package.

I would need a car within 4 days after I get there. So considering it’s in high demand there and I have to rent a car when waiting for new arrivals, lease a car now and drive there costs me 3 day. But it should save me $1000~$1500 after gas and hotel stays.

I’m still debating about it… I don’t know. maybe I should just get an civic… since the lease deal I got in IN doesn’t look too good either.

You can negotiate a car lease via email in 4 days easily. Just start blasting dealers and narrow down to one car model and trim level.

In your other thread, you posted an offer for $580 per month with 8 MSDs for a $49K MSRP Audi A4. General consensus here is that Audis don’t lease well. I’m sure you could do much better on a comparable car (BMW, Mercedes, etc)

However, if you do decide to get a compact then Corolla, Elantra and Sentra seem to lease much better than Civic (Hondas don’t lease very well compared to their competition, either).

The thing is, a4 is the car I want and desire in this level (compact luxury sedan). So is the civic in its level.

I’m sure 330 and c300 are great cars, but the build that I would consider “equivalent” to the A4 would costs around $52,000 ~ $55,000.

In fact, I think I can get a lower trim A4 in the range of $400~500, which effectively only lacks the B&O audio and the full LED headlamps. But it just won’t feel “complete” to me.

I guess its just that when there is a “perfect” car in my mind, I’d feel so bad to settle for a inferior car in the same tier (again, in my eye) because of money factors. I’d rather go straight to the economy tier to save myself bunch of money.

Now that I type those things out, it really sounds like a type of perfectionism, which is not a good sign.
I think I need to change my mindset to focus more on the good things on a car rather than the bad things, else I will never be satisfied.

hi - i am new to this forum. I am moving to texas and would need to get a new car. I am getting good deals in NY, so, should i lease a vehicle here and ship the car to texas? i know, in texas you have to pay tax on total car value (vs. in NY where to pay tax on total lease amount), anything else i should be worried about?

Any more information on this?

If I lease a car in one state then move to another can I return the car at the end of the lease to another dealer from same auto manufacturer?

Thanks