Question about loaner Volvo s60 T6 rdesign lease, Am I way off in my understanding?

, ,

I’d poke around here and see if one has ever been that inexpensive

1 Like

Nope, it hasn’t. Even if you take the base price of about $47,000 and make it about $49,000 for Polestar and the wheels, you and I both know that there are almost no R-designs that inexpensive. Plus, working it backwards in the calculator, it’s nearly impossible to get to that price.

Also, why were you looking at significantly more expensive cars, OP?

1 Like

Yes, that car probably doesn’t exist. To get polestar, normally, you have to go way up

3 Likes

Can always add Polestar after the fact. It’ll cost you a few hundred more since it isn’t residualized, but if it opens up cheaper options it may be worth it.

1 Like

@Davidmushman
@jeisensc had a polestar done to his. There was this even a discussion about the color of the emblem here.

1 Like

hey man! i’m pretty much in that boat too! :smiley:

Which boat?

Trouble finding base T6 Rdesigns and it seems I am living on hopes and dreams. I am going to reassess what vehicles better fall in my budget, it seems I need to move down a step into the more entry level as opposed to finding a unicorn deal.

$340/mo for a $55K car boat

2 Likes

It floats on hopes and dreams and has no engine, just powered by unicorns.

It’s a shipwreck

1 Like

Skimmed and didn’t see: why RDesign?

I like RDesign (esp Bursting blue omfg) and even found 1 v60 R, but the seat bolsters bother my back (had surgery earlier this year). I was open to MOM and INS: lucked out and found a MOM with wheels and leather (1 INS with 12k more equip I didn’t care either way for) with a much lower MSRP and added Polestar (still better than residualizing car seat clips and other stuff I didn’t want/need). MOM (in July) also had best incentives, residual, and MF. If you search the Edmunds forums you’ll see I posted there 1000 times to check them all.

My last (counts on fingers and toes) 7 cars were all loaded top trim. I expected Momentum to be a stripper model - could not be happier with what I got for price, with a hat tip to @Benedetto for his help.

All that to say: have you driven a Momentum?

It’s a bit of a strange build, I can’t imagine many people who are spending more $$$ for the T6, but also only want a base version…of the R-Design….with Polestar. It’s just an odd build, ESPECIALLY for a loaner? With this budget A T5 Momentum…sure but not the build the OP wants.

You raise a very valid point. And maybe I should look into that as I have not driven a MOM. I will definitely go through Edmunds to reach through your posts and piggy back on your research to see if with MOM and polestar I can be within my budget.

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate the feedback!

an FYI, @jeisensc has an XC60, not S60. I just tagged him because of his polestar upgrade after he purchased.

2 Likes

It’s the same thing under the hood

1 Like

Good clarification from @mooshoofooie but yeah: same platform/engines/trims. You can obviously do this at a dealership but I rode in a mix of all of the 60s at the LA Autoshow last year, spent more than an hour with the product folks. I also looked at S60s first when v60 was unattainable but ultimately I just don’t like sedans, didn’t want one. I’m unAmerican like that. :man_shrugging:t2:

The pricing/incentives seem to be a bit better on S60s because they are built in SC.

Wachutalkingbout…? SUVs are very American :smiley:

Why not just adjust the budget to $400 from $340?

Find ways to drink a few less beers/glasses of wine/coffee each month and get the car you want.

You can find the $15/week!

2 Likes