Question about contract discrepancy

I just leased a new frontier and had the vehicle delivered. When I signed the contract electronically the numbers were a little different. I put a $500 deposit on the vehicle via credit card and told the dealer to use that as my down. When I signed the docs they had $1,046 due at signing to be paid in cash. What do you think will happen with the missing $546? Will I be on the hook for it? Thanks for the help. I attached the contract for reference.

Do you have a deal sheet or anything that outlines the deal prior to lease contract? Appears you owe another $546. They could claim the $500 is just money down, not complete drive off.

I have a deal sheet showing $750 down. I also have text messages with my salesperson telling him to change it to $500. He responded with my new payment amount at $500 down, but I don’t have a deal sheet for that. I also called the finance manager immediately after signing and left him a voicemail explaining the discrepancy. He must not have cared because he never called me back or mentioned it when he emailed me the docs.

1 Like

Can you post the $750 drive off deal sheet?

If it’s the same total lease cost, but they just added more upfront, I would just pay it if they ask for it. If they just got you for another $546, I would push back but you also signed a document clearly showing what is owed.

The lease is pretty much the same. They added a little more for government fees on the contract. I hope they don’t ask for it. Maybe they will just eat it. They did get me for $249 on the “theft protection” that they would not remove. I just hope I don’t get a bill from NMAC along with my first payment. Not sure if that is even possible though.

They can only charge actual costs for DMV so any overage would be returned to you. Numbers are pretty much the same so I would just pay it if they call. The bank won’t ask for it as it’s the responsibility of the dealer to collect.

Reach out to your credit card. Did the 500 clear? I’ve experienced leaving an amount to hold a car but they didn’t charge it. What your papers say is what you pay. The credit card company will need those papers to support your claim. Good luck

Yes they charged the $500 to my card. I haven’t heard from them yet, so hopefully they don’t call and ask for it.

My guess: They will either ask for the additional money or say you need to re-contract with a higher payment. I think it says your payment is $302/month which wouldn’t make sense if you were quoted $320/month with $750 down. I wouldn’t be surprised if the F&I guy didn’t communicate with the salesperson well and just put the contract through with the shown drive off due.

I was going to have the finance manager re-write the contract with $500 due at signing and my payment was going to be $335 per month. I called him, but he never called me back. And then a few days later he emailed me the signed docs and didn’t mention it. I think maybe they are just going to eat it. I wonder how long they would have to request the money from me before it becomes too late?

Post a calculator.
Even if they overcharge for DMV fees, CA DMV refunds it. Happened to me on my Equinox lease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.