Purchasing or leasing a 2022 Genesis GV70 2.5 T…

where did you find this magical dealer so that i can off to sell my body to them for this miracle offer.

Yes… I was surprised the residual was so low…

Originally figured it would be at least 60%…

….

RVs are based on sentiment (more or less). And people still aren’t familiar with Genesis, they still think of it as a glorified Hyundai, atleast one poster here on LH made a comment that he doesn’t like to buy cars made by people who eat currys (I know I know),

Im sure the RVs over time will improve but as a new brand, unfortunately that is what it is. Look at Kia, look at their market power from 10-20 years ago and look at it today.

1 Like

What magic 8 ball do you have that says inventory will get better in the coming months?

Maybe you are looking at my order allocation for the next 120-150 days and think it looks better than the last 120 days?

I hate to burst your bubble but you are flat out wrong.

1 Like

I mean I can sell him a 50920 car or a 51920 msrp xc60 and be cheaper per month than his 47k msrp.

Hell I am at 835 for a 59k msrp LOL

2 Likes

Most recent data seem to indicate that current production bottlenecks are easing…

Here’s an interesting quote from a June 4th Bloomberg article…

“Mercedes Benz AG and BMW AG are among carmakers now getting enough of the high-tech components to produce at full capacity after experiencing crippling outages for months.

The breakthrough comes earlier than the companies predicted and marks a bright spot for an industry facing a deteriorating economy and inflation while managing an historic transition to electric-vehicle production. Manufacturers are cheering the chip-supply improvement but aren’t declaring victory yet.

“We’re still monitoring it week to week, but up to now basically worldwide, we had no issues running production,” said Joerg Burzer, Mercedes’s head of production and supply-chain management. Supply issues occur “here and there,” he said, “but nothing compared to what it was like last year.”

….

I am glad that you bought the corp speech. I always wondered why they had some spokeperson who has no idea what their cars even are. If you call any dealership, ask to speak to the inventory manager. They can tell you about their actual inventory thats coming in.

Or you can believe “Joeg Burzer” and his carefully crafted press release.

I think you’re right… most people have no idea what the Genesis brand is…

….

Look into getting a lender tax credit on the lease.

1 Like

Why would they improve? The Mercedes GLC RV is also in the high 50’s. Lexuses also have realistic RVs.

BMW Financial was subsidizing leases by inflating RVs so that you’d have to give them the car back.

The SAVs RV I think were fairly accurate starting with Gxx/CLAR before they started dropping them.

1 Like

Did they drop the RV b/f 2019? Per Edmunds, RV for the 2019 x30 36 mo/12K in 2019 was 57%. So still not that diff from what the Genesis G70 seems to be.

I’ll have to dig up the old programs but I could’ve sworn it was 58%.

Can you believe the X5 RV was that high as well?

Not all reviews are positive. Consumer Reports, in the July 2022 edition, ranks it last out of eight 2-row SUVs ($45K- $55K), with the lowest predicted reliability of the group. So it may not be a good car to buy.

If you say it, I believe it. I think my point was more aimed at posters who seem to be disappointed w/ the G70’s RV. To me, it doesn’t seem that diff from what BMW/MB (and presumably Audi, although I didn’t check) are offering.

The great BMW deals were mainly on 3-series (at least in late 2018/2019, when I started lurking). And it wasn’t just inflated RVs but also the ability to get heavily discounted demos and rebate/incentives.

I guess BMW wanted their X5s back??? :slight_smile: Was the RV that high on the last gen one? Never found that one particularly attractive.

One also should remember that there’s 3rd party book RV and there’s captive lease RV. The latter used to be nearly always subvented higher than the former. Given the current market, not always the case. I’m guessing that Genesis is spending precisely $0 in RV subvention whereas others are still throwing money in that bucket.

2 Likes

As a side-note…

Last month the 2022 Hyundai Tucson SUVs had a RV of 60% to 63% depending on the version…

I was surprised how high the Tucson RVs were…

I was looking at purchasing a Hyundai Tucson Limited as a short term solution in case I couldn’t find a Genesis GV70 2.5 at a reasonable price…

….

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

I look at that car and see spider webs everywhere… :open_mouth:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.