Purchased: 2022 Toyota Camry SE TRD-Apprnce. PKG | $395/MN | 7.5k Trade-in | 72 months

I think they were talking about another user named Andrew.

@William_Headlee

The discount is what they were taking off their $2000 markup. They discounted all of it when I financed with TFS, 2.49% for 60 months. This is for North Carolina so taxes are pretty cheap.

3 Likes

Hamer Toyota…I will never do business with them.
I gave them a try two times in the past before pandemic and they play their games. Everything is a fight with them. Hours wasted.

Better deal would have been to pay off the lease at $15.5k and kept the Camry.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing

Just wanted to make sure it is 2022 highlander xle gas fwd?

And that’s the problem, consumers who do not know pricing and the real value of what prices should be are creating an environment that’s moving this market in an entire different direction.
I’m telling you, if you show 10 random people a contract on a standard corrola LE on a 36/12k lease at $392.98 a month I can guarantee at least 60 to 70% would say its a deal they would pay for on a $22,000 vehicle.

That’s what I’m telling everyone who’s leases are ending. I had a coworker tell me his lease was up in July on his car and wanted to jump into a new car, he had not a clue about what was happening in the market and new absolutely nothing about the ship shortage or the fact his car has equity. I said the only thing you should do now is buy out your current lease and not waste any second at the dealership trying to make a deal on a new lease that you will be paying hundreds more a month for.

Like you said the very best option would have been to buyout the camry lease and be done. Here’s 15k.

1 Like

Way ahead in 5 years?? Just because everything looks fine and dandy in the used car at the moment means absolutely nothing in 5 years. This entire economic cycle we are witnessing is not going to last much longer, every asset price you see out there is completely upside down. From housing prices to stocks used cars and nearly all prices of goods and services are completely out of cycle and will correct at a magnitude that no one will comprehend.

The damage has already been done. There is no correcting the hyperinflation that is occuring due to the government printing and handing out COVID bucks. Will the car and house market have a correction, most likely. But at what cost? High interest rates. You won’t see labor and common goods prices go down though.

Not true – Currency was devalued by 30% – these higher prices are here to stay – when the fed prints a crap ton of currency in 1 year this is what happens –

I’m not a economic expert but you saw the mad dash to assets – Asset inflation was wild – there will be a correction in assets/stocks as part of the cycle – The raised prices are here to stay unfortunately

its a 2022 XLE AWD

Thanks for posting. We are definitely in the market to lease a Camry. I just want to make sure my child didn’t get ripped off.

No trade in, $500 grad discount to be applied. If lease is close to MSRP, is that good enough?

Go on Edmunds and get the residual value and money factor, then use the LH calculator to do some math. Set yourself a reasonable budget and aim the selling price that meets your budget. No one will discount the vehicle below MSRP, so your only choice to reduce the monthly price is in the different models offered (LE, SE, XSE, XLE, Hybrid, etc).

1 Like