Pumpkin Spice Coffee Released Earlier Every Year

I’m probably in the minority here, but Starbucks does nothing for me. To me, it’s like overpriced motor oil. I’m perfectly content with Folgers or Maxwell House, or if I’m feeling froggy, a cup of McDonalds. And flavored or iced coffee…forget it.

I’ll leave the expensive and flavored crap for the rest of you.

1 Like

The price for a true single origin Arabica bean from any of the major locations Columbia, Brazil, Africa is maybe a few dollars more a bag…and the difference between a Sorrento and a X3 M40i.

1 Like

Blockquote

You most certainly are not! You just don’t make big waves about your coffee cup with your name misspelled on it.

I will drink any coffee and lots of it - even 3 day old Interstate gas station coffee! I have similar criteria for wine :slight_smile: I recently found a nice red wine at Aldi for 3.99 - it was cheaper than some of the water bottles there.

I hope you mix in some Kimchi, kombucha or at least a probiotic here and there…your stomach has to hate you lol

1 Like

My stomach knows who is the boss in this relationship. LOL

(I hope it didn’t hear me)

1 Like

I used to be able to stomach all those fancy lattes and seasonal drinks but no longer. I’ll stick to my dark roasts from Starbucks or DD. And speaking of beers the distributor closest to me has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to craft beer selection but they have a sign hanging in store stating “No pumpkin beers, it’s only August” LOL

2 Likes

Same. Started drinking coffee at 12, grew up in Dunkin country, found Starbucks at 16 (this was ~25 years ago). Drank lattes and macchiatos until about 24 and since then just black coffee: iced/cold brew (over 65 degrees outside) or hot. Love a dark single origin made on a Clover machine, but Maxwell House or a french press does just fine. Lots of good coffee out there, oh and tons of swill too but that usually works. Keurig is about my only “hard pass” because the coffee it makes has no natural oils (look at a cup after you make/pour it for an oil slick). Starbucks Via instant is surprisingly good.

Brilliant!

1 Like

We don’t have a Keurig, never cared for the taste either. I keep the house stocked with coffee from here:

2 Likes

No keurig here either. I drink too much coffee and the pods are terrible for the environment (or at least, they were).

Oh man - I didn’t realize I could order online from Nicholas coffee. I wonder what they charge for shipping…

2 Likes

Ahhh, another Nicholas fan :+1:

When I worked downtown I’d make a near-weekly trip.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the flood of pumpkin flavored beers to hit the shelves too.

They’re putting pumpkin spice in lube now.

1 Like

Ohhh, definitely look into it. Since I discovered them I won’t brew anything else and I hooked my wife too, who also likes their tea selections.

Partner likes Peet’s better than either of those. :wink:

You have been waiting all year for this…

Fall is coming at Starbucks Corp. SBUX, 0.58% whether customers are ready or not. The Pumpkin Spice Latte will be back on the menu in the U.S. and Canada starting Tuesday, along with the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. This is the 18th year that Starbucks has featured the PSL on its menu, with 500 million sold in the U.S. since 2003. And this is the 3rd year for the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, with more than 90 million sold. According to Starbucks, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew outsold the PSL last year. A pumpkin scone, pumpkin loaf and pumpkin cream cheese muffin are also heading to the food menu.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pumpkin-spice-lattes-heading-back-to-the-starbucks-menu-on-tuesday-2021-08-23?mod=mw_latestnews

1 Like

Lol. Looks like the trend is reversing.

Are we saved or are we doomed?

Dunkin pumpkin spice is already sold out in Nashville - and it’s August…

1 Like

Had my first Iced Dunkin’ pumpkin yesterday!

1 Like

It’s about a week earlier this year, but last year’s special flavors were a mess.

What changed from when this was originally posted, and I will credit this thread for it: the pumpkin cream cold brew was announced August 23, 2019, here’s my photo from September 1, 2019:

I do enjoy the 1st one of the year, whenever it is, the 2nd I regret and that’s plenty until next season.

Same here in SoCal. I was willing to give one a shot, no dice.

Also unrealted, but I didn’t understand the Dunkin desert here in California until I watched “The Donut (sp.) King” on Hulu - highly recommended.

1 Like