Public service announcment

I just want to say something:

I absolutely love this forum for a multitude of reasons. I’ve learned so much about the business, way more than I ever knew, I’ve met new people, and I’ve been able to help people out on a few of their leases.

But there is one major flaw here.

I’m not saying I’m perfect. NOBODY IS PERFECT. I have made multiple mistakes, said things I shouldn’t have, and screwed up on some of my posts. But that DOES not justify the disgusting attitude some of you guys give others on this forum!

I see it on a daily basis that some people that are new to leasing are ridiculed for not knowing what they’re talking about. People are being called idiots for signing a deal that others didn’t think was that great.

You KNOW who you are.

So please, I don’t mean to sound like an elementary school principal, but why is this kind of bullying tolerated? Admins, please take attention this in order to make this forum a cleaner place.

I’m sure I’m gonna get a bunch of negative comments on this post, but I’m sure whoever is reading this agrees with me.

Please take this into consideration before saying something rude to somebody who has made a mistake, or has no idea about leasing, and is trying to learn.

Thank you all,
Jake

16 Likes

I think what you end up seeing from some people is exasperation when you see someone ask for advice and/or information, and then just go ahead and do what they were going to do anyway despite having been told otherwise from multiple sources. Not necessarily saying it’s OK, I get where you are coming from.

2 Likes

I understand that, and take responsibility. I’m talking generally, the attitudes of some people on this page gas got to go.

oooo thats not good. I think posts like that need to be flagged and users need to be warned or banned.

3 Likes

I am in that ‘noob’ phase but I am trying my best.

Everyone starts at 0, no one is born with knowledge. Arrogance comes with knowledge and people do not realize that. Asking questions is the only way - i do agree looking for answer in the forum is a obv a first step but LH has grown and finding answers in not straightforward.

Also people are direct and that may also sound coming off rude which sometimes may not be the best approach when someone is new to the topic

I have started marking down good posts and once i have them i will post for everyone so stupid questions can be researched easily

If you think you got a good deal than you did.

The search function for this forum software is actually fantastic, so more people need to use it.

Plus the majority of the rude answers are those coming in thinking they can post their budget and expect everyone to do the work for them. It’s not how this forum works.

3 Likes