Proposed - That Unless You Live in Tri-State or SoCal, Used Car Is Better Deal Than Lease

This should be the closing argument on this thread.

2 Likes

Fair enough

Happy to hire a broker if there are any that operate in NC, and can get a comparable deal to what’s achievable from other posters on LH, hadn’t yet seen deals posted from a broker that does operate in NC.

Deals are relative to region/volume among other factors. I can’t go asking for NC gas prices in CA.

Yup, thus the original proposal starting this thread, that leasing is becoming much less attractive in areas outside NY/NJ and SoCal. Seems to be a dead thread atp though.

Try staying on topic even in Off Ramp (where I moved it from Ask)

A car that sees regular road use an investment is not.

Bad use of AA miles

It was that or ~$320 in cash for two people to go nonstop on short notice.

Not exactly an aspirational 2*20,000-mile redemption, but as of this morning we have 1,080,635 AA miles left.

Yeah, at that point it doesn’t matter if it’s the best redemption ever - just not using cash is good enough:)

1 Like

@NDS

I will happily quote and few of my dealers ship the car at your cost as well to anywhere in US.

Some dealers are not flexible and want the customer to sign in person but I do have dealers who will do the paperwork over fedex and ship the car to your door step.

I take $49 retainer to give a quote to out of area (NY/NJ) tri-state metro customers to weed out tire kickers.

You can get a quote from me and if you find a better deal yourself given in writing by another broker or dealer for a similar car, I will even refund you the $49 back.

I have had few people fly one way to EWR and driven cars back to FL/NC and few other states south of us.

The key is to pick a brand where incentives are national like BMW.

Also to justify added cost of shipping a 36 month lease on a 50k plus car usually makes sense.

You’re so funny and cool.

1 Like

The problem with used cars is that repairs can be unexpected and costly. A single multi-thousand dollar repair could negate any potential savings.

Big mistake. Always leave one thing broken. Otherwise more things break. Lol

I live in CA. Bought a Tundra in N Dakota. My wife and son flew with me to pick it up and drive it back. Saved several thousands of $$$

1 Like

$49 just to get a price?? That’s ridiculous. How would anybody know if the price is worth $49 unless you give them an actual example of a deal they can sign?

1 Like

Not if they’re outside your home area and they did mention it was to weed out tire kickers.

3 Likes

That’s actually true.

Literally a week after I fixed ‘the last thing’, one of the slide door cables snapped. So that door is now a manual door because it’s not worth $300 for a new motor assembly :rofl:

2 Likes

You are leasing your fiancé? Can’t get there, I insist on full ownership there.

2 Likes

Is there a UsedCarHackr forum?

3 Likes