Private broker thread

It’s not to be in cohoots, it’s more of an FYI so that people don’t waste their time on certain buyers or don’t bother to answer/work with someone that has already attempted to go around a broker.

4 Likes

10000% - I’ve had a few customers cross me and brokers on this site. Happens more often than you’d think.

2 Likes

It a wonderful idea. There has lately been a great influx of not only dumb but some smartsers who have been falling to the lowest levels to skirt a broker fees as low as $200.

5 Likes

I think this is a terrible notion. Form a group outside the forum if your broker fee fees are hurt and have a Mean Girls circle of your own construction.

Brokers and dealers expect to be able to bash any and all potential customers who operate 1% outside the broker’s expectation.

Is there a reverse Yelp for reviewing customers? No. Because part of your job as a purveyor of deals is dealing with the public.

:bat:

9 Likes

Agreed. Something should be set up. Seems like there’s more and more customers that want unicorn deal or no deal. At the very least we could have some way to communicate to new leasehackr members that unicorn deals are not a daily occurence.

I don’t think you understand the point. This is how we make a living. No one can realistically expect every customer to be a buyer, but time wasted is costly. Also if we can better focus our time in the right places and with the right people it would help us to provide a better experience to serious/realistic buyers and the community.

Cheers

1 Like

I understand the point just fine. There are multiple instances of brokers spewing vitriol about their customers—the ones who provide them income.

Are there bad exchanges from time to time? Are people sometimes sucky? Yes. But doesn’t it make a service provider look petty and vindictive when they fuss?

I know the brokers who I’ll avoid for sure—the ones who complain about their clients continuously.

:zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

How about we close this thread too, or will I get backlash here too… :rofl:

Wait for it…and it’s done.

4 Likes

I think all broker sniveling threads should be non-starters.

:bat:

4 Likes

Seems to be going no where, how does this benefit customers?!

Reopened by request for a user to share an experience

Curious to hear your input if this was in the reverse. Had a pleasant experience few months back with a Broker on here. His replies were extremely quick and delivered in record time. And of course paid Brokers Fee on the spot. Broker stated they have a Referral Bonus Program for referring a friend. Referred a friend who got the same exact vehicle as me. He even initiated and said " I will send you a referral bonus in the next few days." It has now been several months. Sent a few messages but went totally unanswered. It’s not so much about being ignored, but shouldn’t a Brokers business model be to want returning customers? It just leaves a bad taste in ones mouth

3 Likes

Can you leave a review on the broker’s thread?

I guess that’s where the broker review thread comes in handy. I’ll be creating our thread soon - just slammed with work.

2 Likes

I don’t believe every Broker has his own thread. But anyways, wouldn’t want to leave a negative review as it really was a pleasant experience overall besides this hiccup as stated. Would rather hope he sees it here. It just bothers me that on a serious potential customer, a Brokers replies can be incredibly quick but the moment things are in reverse and something owed to the customer… Bam! It’s the last you ever hear from him again

I don’t understand this. If you have a small issue, then you still should be free to bring it up. It’s not like we keep track of star ratings like Google or Yelp reviews. Anyone reading the thread will see that it’s a small problem and if it’s something that’s unimportant to them, it won’t hurt the broker.

3 Likes

So don’t. Leave a review of the positive experience with the hiccup in the referral bonus. There’s nothing wrong with an honest review. If it hurts the broker, that’s his fault for not following through with his promise.

I suspect once posted, you’ll see the referral bonus soon, or a rebuttal that will show his true colors.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t all reviews be honest by default? Then how anything can ever be wrong with it? :thinking::grin:

1 Like

This comment was well-received and highlights a gap on the forum. In light of this, I’ve created a Customer Appreciation Thread where Sellers can tell stories about the customer interactions that make it all worth it. I encourage other Sellers to join me in celebrating their Customers.

He’s not a broker.

1 Like