Private broker thread

I don’t want this to make me sound like a horrible person or come off the wrong way, but would it be possible to have a private broker thread for us to post things like the names/usernames of people who went to tried to go around us, people who completely wasted time, etc.? I’m seeing quite a few brokers posting lately about how people went around them and contacted dealers directly, and it would be nice to be able to warn/inform other brokers. I’m also seeing some users commenting on almost EVERY broker’s threads for a certain brand, shopping several different models, and also trying to post their own deals but unsuccessfully getting to be where they want to be, possibly because the price point is not reasonable on a given model.

I’m seeing this as informative and to help each other, not necessarily to bash people. I’m sure it could save some of us some time in the future after one of us has had a bad experience with someone. I’d love to hear others’ thoughts on this.

8 Likes

Make your own PM and invite @brokers

10 Likes

The skater log…:ice_skate:

3 Likes

but what chris said works

15 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if this would be what people wanted or if there was another way. I guess that private message could just be something that people add to over time.

Just make sure nothing is construed as collusion.

2 Likes

Any idea what’s wrong with collusion? Seems to have kept opec around for 60 years.

6 Likes

It’s illegal in the US, but the US DOJ has no jurisdiction over OPEC

1 Like

yes in my 5 years of business i have had tons of crazy customers ive learnt to ignore them and move on. best is to get them on the phone and feel them out on the phone if they are serious or just time wasters.

3 Likes

I am in
let me know if you decide to do it
it will be fun too

2 Likes

I’d like to be added as well

3 Likes

Whoever doesn’t want to be on general brokers’ PM convo can always remove themselves.

1 Like

This is a terrible idea. Even though there are some really dumb users on here, this site shouldn’t allow brokers to be in cohoots over its users.

7 Likes

I’m for it :+1:

End of the day the way I see it is… this site was built to get a leg up on the dealers. Dealers and Brokers shouldn’t be surprised that customers are here to find the best deal whatever way possible.

6 Likes

How about “wall of shame” in the open? Brokers have reviews so let them leave their customer reviews :grin:

17 Likes

Honor among thieves! One of my favorite gm’s would always say that when a salesperson got skated … Lol

It’s not to be in cohoots, it’s more of an FYI so that people don’t waste their time on certain buyers or don’t bother to answer/work with someone that has already attempted to go around a broker.

4 Likes

10000% - I’ve had a few customers cross me and brokers on this site. Happens more often than you’d think.

2 Likes

It a wonderful idea. There has lately been a great influx of not only dumb but some smartsers who have been falling to the lowest levels to skirt a broker fees as low as $200.

5 Likes