Previous Car Lease

So I turned in My GMC lease three weeks ago and today went to delete the car app and noticed that the app was still functioning which I thought was a little weird. I ended up tracking my old car from NJ all the way to ME where with a little digging saw the car listed on a dealer website in ME 2K above my RV which surprised me. Made me think I should have purchased the car and flipped it on one of these car buying websites … Anyway, has anyone ever been able use their app for an old car? Do they eventually turn off those functions? Just curious

The dealer in ME probably paid $4k under your RV, I wouldn’t worry about any possibility of you throwing away equity.

It’s interesting that if I wanted to purchase the car I have to pay full RV while someone on the outside gets a discount …

GM Dealers have a private auction where dealers bid on cars that come off lease… Typically GMF takes a bath on leases and sells them for quite a bit lower than RV

When is the last time you paid the advertised price for a used car?

It’s extremely challenging to find a dealer willing to significantly discount a used cars online price. Usually, most internet priced vehicles are competitively priced. There isn’t a lot of room for movement.

Unless you call onstar to cancel, it will remain under your control until either the new owner tries to add it, or the dealer wakes up and cancels.

Same will happen with BMW, Nissan, etc… until the new owner tries to set it up, or someone calls to cancel it.

Where did I say significantly?

Before it goes to physical auction, the grounding dealer gets first dibs to buy. Then it opens up to all GM dealers. If still nobody bites, it will then be auctioned off.