Preparing for leasing

Hello,

I’ve used the sage advice on this forum several times to score some great deals. With the knowledge I’ve gained here I’ve learned there are certain incentives I can take advantage with some basic planning.

For example, joining Costco a few months before leasing can get you a discount.

Are there any recommendations or hints the Hackrs here can recommend as I prepare for my Chevrolet lease turn in for January?

Thanks in advance.

Double check your credit score. Get you’re turn-in inspection 60-90 days out. Test drive anything you might want to consider leasing. Share your newfound wisdom with others on here.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Keep it on topic and stop with the idiotic brand bashing.

yea don’t wait until January to sign a new lease, do it at the end of December when dealers are more willing to make a deal due to year end sales goals.

2 Likes

Cast a wide net.

I had a target list of exactly four cars when I started shopping.

I cross-shopped other vehicles at somewhat similar MSRPs purely to be diligent, and ended up with one of them in the process.

No regrets.

1 Like

Thanks for the input so far. I should probably clarify further. While i know that many incentives are brand specific, just looking at things generally, like credit cards to apply for, memberships, etc… What are the things I can do ahead of time to ensure I qualify for the most incentives possible?

Graduate from college, join the army, and become an attorney with a savings account at PenFed🤣

4 Likes

All that and join USAA :rofl:

1 Like

If you are a Chase customer, check to see if there are additional discounts for your target vehicle.

Don’t forget about USAA’s car buying service.

The extra $100 USAA discount I was offered would have covered almost 45% of the advertising fee their participating dealer was going to charge.

Also hard to beat a $4,100 in total discounts on a $118,000 car that had $12,000 just in Flagship incentives from BMW.

2 Likes

Consider opening a new credit card with an attractive sign-up bonus ~30 days before before you plan to lease.

Many dealerships will let you put some portion of the DAS on a credit card (most commonly I encounter $5k as the limit).

At any given time there are several credit card bonus offers worth $500-750 in cash and/or travel for spending $3,000-5,000 in the first three months.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions so far!