Pre-Incentive Discount off MSRP Acura TLX w/Tech

I know for the Rav4 the key is to go for a 8-10% pre-incentive discount off MSRP.

Do anyone know what the % off MSRP pre-incentive should be for a TLX w/tech? I am building a target lease deal to send out to dealers and am unsure what % off I should go for.

Thank you for any guidance.

What have you found when you’ve looked at recent shared deals and broker listings?

I haven’t found one that separates incentives from the % off MSRP. I saw one post with
“MSRP: $40,425
SELLING PRICE $28,000”
But only 750 in incentives so the large Acura incentives have to be included in the selling price, I asked in that thread too.

Acura offers pretty significant direct to dealer incentives that get rolled into prices like that. Best bet is to try to determine what the direct to dealer incentives are so you can back the numbers out yourself.

So if the guy who got a sale price of 28k, that means he had (40425-28000)=$12,425 off msrp with incentives. Edmunds states my zip is a $5800 incentive, so (12425-5800)=$6625 off a 40k msrp?
16.39% off MSRP pre-incentive.
Do you think that would be a reasonable ask of a dealer?

You’d want to try to determine what the incentives are in their zip, but that’s a reasonable approach

1 Like

Ok, thank you. I will run the numbers for my zip and make another post asking if it is a reasonable deal once I have a calculator link and all :grinning: The TLX looks really cool

1 Like

To help you out:

1. It is hard to tell how much of a “dealer discount” you can expect right now:
  • Demand has been down, yet so is supply
  • Not sure how many more 2020’s dealers are going to want over the summer, thus in turn, are going to be produced, especially with the all-new version coming out for the 2021 model year (plus with mid-size sedan sales diminishing overall year-over-year, as demand is in SUV’s)
  1. Yes, to the best of my knowledge, the Acura to Dealer incentive is $6,100 for leases

2. I got rid of a 2 year old car, in order to take delivery of the 2020 Acura TLX base in December 2019…as with Acura to Dealer incentives, I couldn’t pass it up (bottom line is $307/month, 12k/year, 36 months)

3. Lots of TLX “haters” here, and yes- with many valid points…for me, I am very pleased with the car, and for the cost of ownership + my driving needs, this worked out perfectly for me

Do your research, shop around, ask questions here…this way you are fully equipped to make a solid offer. Good luck.

1 Like

One more add- I live in NJ, and my salesman stays active here on this site. Please see hit quote about the TLX’s for the month of May: “UPDATED 5/22! MAY DEAL ~NO BROKER FEE~ NEW ACURA MDX AWD $361 RDX AWD $322 + tax/fees -Special first responder rebates!”

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation and the link to the broker, I will make sure and do my research on all the different vehicles before I make my decision. Those incentives are so good too, like highest I have seen

To clarify @RuttedTrain - that is not a broker…instead a sales person at an Acura dealership in NJ.

1 Like