Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Can you use household’s Costco membership? We don’t each have one but there is one in my house. Do these stack with graduate incentive (also in household).

Would have Costco, supplier, graduate, conquest, and the 2k NY EV rebate with 8-9% off MSRP should be a good deal is my understanding?

I dont believe supplier and graduate stack, it’s one or the other.

1 Like

Per @ethanrs Costco can be transferred within the household. You get one supplier/grad/student/first Responder/etc code to use on the deal. Can be shared in the household but that person must be on the contract unless their code allows them to gift an authorization.

Can it stack if purchase not lease?

If we are eligible for all discounts below for a Lease:
$6,750 (Premier) or $5,750 (LT) Lease Cash
$3,000 Costco
$1,500 Lease Loyalty or Lease Conquest
$1,400 Bay Area incentive
$5,000 CVAP for income eligible
$??? Grad/student/first Responder/etc.

Can we still expect to the dealer to do 10% minimum on MSRP?
If we run all these discounts on the Calculator, then the total lease is in negative! Is this even possible?

The grad/student/supplier would be counted as part of that 10% if you can get it. But it’s definitely possible, someone recently did very well in California with the low income grants and I believe they were paid for the car.

Wow! Can they really pay you or keep the difference for themselves??
If they keep the difference for themselves, purchasing (with current low APR) would be better option, won’t you think in this particular case?

It sounds like the poster of that thread was getting a check. I think most people here seem to agree that this is a car you are better off leasing instead of buying due to uncertainty in the electric vehicle market, resale value and concerns out of the warranty period.

1 Like

It’s so tempting, but I badly want a car with adaptive cruise control. I’m so jealous of the old 2019 Ioniq deals in NY…

My Volt lease is not up until April, 2021 – I am thinking about getting this and garaging it until April. I feel like I would still come out ahead vs risking losing this deal.

I am being quoted ~$55xx OTD in NorCal, so after $2000 CVRP - $600 Energy rebate = $2900 36/10

What do you guys think? Risk it and wait, or just snatch it up now.

I’d wait until end of year personally. As long as you’re confident those state incentives will be there I don’t think these chevy incentives are going anywhere (and they could get better). Also i’d turn in the volt lease when you pickup the bolt (assuming you don’t need 2 cars) to save on insurance and $400 grounding fee.

See if Carvana, Vroom etc will buy it.

1 Like

ACC is a great feature (and a shame Chevy didn’t include it) but I’d say the Bolt beats the Ioniq in just about every other way.

1 Like

Isn’t the Bolt smaller? The Ioniq is wider and is longer, too, I believe. And the seats are more comfortable. Besides the fact that Hyundai likes to throw in a lot of extras like heated seats, etc. on the base trim.

The Bolt does have longer range and is supposed to have more performance, though.

1 Like

Hindsight is always 20/20. If the value proposition is that compelling now, why not just do it? :slight_smile:

How much cheaper do you expect to get? If you want the car it’s a risk for a few hundred dollars. If you could care less then wait.

NY dealership here willing to work with close to 11% off MSRP (my starting point).
Total Savings is $10,250 (Dealer Cash, Costco, Loyalty)

1. Where does the NYS Drive Clean Rebate get applied? From previous experience, the dealer simply discounts this as well.
  2. Current leasing a Volt, how best to use Leasehackr Calc to factor in remaining payments the dealership will make?

Appreciate all the insights here!

Have you gotten online quotes from Vroom, etc to sell it instead?

@max_g Yes, though a few months ago. Vroom quoted $16,200. The Purchase Price from the Lease Agreement is $17,400. Doesn’t seem worth it to sell private or otherwise.

Inventory shortages have meant used car pricing has been out of whack recently. Might be worth checking again