Porsche Macan S 2020 Loaner 0$ Down $750 Monthly Pre-Tax Lease

The doc fee is what it is, they are not going to remove it, the only thing you can do is push for a larger discount or find a car in a state like NY or CA where the doc fees are capped below $100.

As to the extra $800 cap cost reduction, if you don’t want to pay that much up front then just tell them. Have the dealer restructure the deal for only $1k or $2k or whatever you want to pay up front.

Just because they came back with $4400 DAS in their initial quote doesn’t mean you have to pay that much, dealers do that all the time, inflate the DAS so the monthly payment looks better.

Standard Porsche advice: get the RV for 39 and 42 mos. terms, run the numbers, these terms almost always lease better than 36 mos.

A MSRP of 60750 on a Macan S Leads me to believe that this has just a few options ticked off, if any.

Porsches are fantastic even if just from a driving perspective so don’t get me wrong, but before chasing the numbers, do make sure you’re going to be happy with the entire vehicle for the next 3 years. Some of those options ultimately matter a lot less to someone who will just have that loaner for a few hours or a day or two vs 36-42 months.

Good luck!

4 Likes

A similarly priced Audi is better equipped and has a better MF. a 2021 Audi Q7 has a much better interior and electronics than a 2020 Macan.
Of course, if you are 6’6" and want Porsche, there are few other options.

1 Like

Subprime lending at 6% is extraordinarily generous

2 Likes

Ignore what was here previously.

Also are you buying the S because of the horsepower or just because of it is the highest trim level you can afford? I would advocate for a Macan base with more options than a no option Macan S.

No it’s on sales price, I’m 100% sure of that.

1 Like

You are correct. Google brought to me an article from 1995.

1 Like

Buying S because of the performance. I’m okay with having less/no options on the car but more power.

1 Like

The sales guy came back to me with .00320 MF. This MF does not make sense in the calculator now. The quote is $22 cheaper.

So the question remains if MF of .00320 is fair/good deal for a Tier 3 credit.

Thank you for the recommendation! I’m there with you. But the second I got into a Porsche and drove it the car sold itself. But I’m most certainly going to keep this as an option.

Thanks!

2 Likes

What .00320 for tier 3 credit tells me is that you’re lighting money on fire by leasing this vehicle before repairing your credit.

1 Like

This is great, thank you for the great info! I will go ahead and try that! I do have a quote for the 39 months and it barely made a difference as you can see in the picture above. $9 per month.

Any chance you know good MF on tier 3 credit? Would you consider .00320 as fair?

Thanks again!

Ironically I decided to lease/buy a car as a form of repairing/improving my score because I know I can make the monthly payments. I’m fairly fresh out of college and credit cards are not doing it for my credit.

But I do agree!

Are you dead set on the Macan or are you open to other luxury SUVs that have better pricing and MF, given your credit?

Sure, but a Porsche isn’t the place to be looking

3 Likes

If I were in your shoes, I would focus on bringing this up to at least 720 before looking at leasing a Porsche. My $0.02.

1 Like

Here were my other options… x3M, Q5/Q7, Velar (terrible), GLE (terrible). Did not fit well in the x3M but loved the performance. SQ5 felt very similar to X3M. none of the cars felt as they made me comfortable to drive for 3 years except for the Macan…

At the end of the day, you need to figure out what’s more important - working to improve your credit or paying a boat load for a loaner Porsche, even if you can afford it. Good luck.

1 Like

Porsche wants dealers to remain exclusive. So if you don’t want to pay it, they will find someone who will. It is not like BMW where they need to sell 25 X3s to earn a huge bonus. With that said, I think you can get it down to .003

3 Likes

Your other other option is to hold off on make a luxury purchase until you have your financial ducks in a row, particularly when the cost of that luxury purchase is compounded by not having your ducks in a row.

4 Likes