Porsche 911 Turbo Lease

I saw gt’s at 2250 but that was pre-pandemic, even 1899 + 5k das.

Fair enough, now they’re closer to that LOL. Welcome to 2021

:chocolate_bar:

Those are fast. You could look at a Jeep Trackhawk also, they rip off the line. Doing 0-60 in under 3 seconds is fun and you don’t have to go stupid fast to enjoy the car. That’s part of why I wanted a 992 Turbo. Those Mclarens are tempting though. I’ll give them some consideration.

1 Like

That’s true, wish they would go awd charger but unfortunately not.

The mclaren has one thing porsche will never have, the panache to back up the performance, the 911 will always be a sleeper to me, really depends on what you’re looking for personally but for me a weekend car can be flashy, it doesn’t have to be but it doesn’t hurt tbh.

I would test out the cars and see how you feel. Even sitting in them helps you see the “quirks and features” i.e pros and cons.

1 Like

As someone who just bought a 2014 S, I need to know what you mean!

Never heard anyone describe the 911 as anything remotely like this and I’m not sure what makes it qualify?

Are you comparing it to front drive/AWD touring cars?

I touched on it over there —>

It was a beautiful car that was a blast to drive around curves, but that’s about all I can say about it.

It was zero fun (and actually kind of laborious) to drive around town, where it would see most of its use, and it was antiquated inside.

Although I haven’t driven one, I’d consider a current-generation 911 when it’s time to replace the M550… but given 10 chances to make my previous decision again, I’d choose a 2018 M550 over a 2014 911 S Cabriolet all 10 times.

1 Like

Sounds like you weren’t enthralled with the engine performance.

It’s a N/A and it needs to be whined out, definitely. All the roads here are curves and winding mountain roads, so I’ll probably have a different experience.

Three fatal flaws: engine performance, effort required to drive it around town, and antique interior.

I venture out into the mountains in Southern California for a drive 4-5 times a year, but the M550 in Sport Plus capably enough chews through the curves, and it’s a lot more rewarding to drive in everyday situations.

Before I drove the 911 I could have never imagined typing that based on everything I’ve read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I should have driven a C2S before buying, I suppose.

I love the interior, though. I just have to disagree with you there. I’ve always been a fan of buttons and tactile feedback from car interiors and the minimalism. Well, the car came highly recommended from many different people especially in PDK. I had wanted manual, but those were more and I found a great deal on a PDK so I decided just to take the plunge.

You can also say a tesla that costs much less than a turbo s, can perform similar on the street as well. There are more reasons to get these cars than just performance.

agree. if the notion of “performance” was a sole reason to buy a car, Land Rover would have long been out of business.

1 Like

IMHO, all this talk about fun and “more to it than performance,” while leaving out the best part, the stick shift, falls short. I’d take that 2014 6M with antiquated interior on the SoCal twisties over any point-and-shoot slushbox supercar. Of course, idly sitting inside it and fiddling in my garage (or admiring it in my driveway), I’d take the supercar.

We are spoiled Americans. Fun for us is luxury and ease. How are we supposed to control our massage seats while needing to change gears?

Where are people driving these cars? I live in the canyons of LA, and am surrounded by exotics…but I hardly ever see them come close to testing their limits, and rarely are driving any faster than the speed limit.

I can’t imagine driving any of these things around town…do people take them to the track?

1 Like

You can get a 720 for around 3200PM i believe. Orlando has plenty. Sure they are willing to deal.

Don’t even bother with ariznona or seattle dealers, arrogance at it’s finest.

3k a month for a turbo s is trash, just buy it.

How else are you supposed to look good while parked on the 405?

5 Likes

BMW M2 Competition. Buy it while you can.

Too many self indulgent wieners with TOO MUCH BLOODY MONEY!

2 Likes

Buy the Porsche instead. $3,500 a month x 36 months is 126,000. Look at prices on 2018’s and they are still in the 160-180 range.

If you want one that depreciates at a snails pace it’s the GT3’s or GT2’s.

Have a 2021 992 Turbo available if anyone’s looking to buy one.