Polling on reopening threads

Clarification: The original post and thread was deleted by the OP, not by any trustedhackr. After OP deleted it, It was then closed by a trustedhackr.
I honestly started the conversation with OP as I was confused on why he didnt like my pricing which was better, to which he replied with a made up higher pricing and a B.S. $50 monthly quote on add ons.
I have sold numerous cars to members here and not a single soul has been recommended to purchase any products. Heck i always educate members /clients if products are even worth it and I had tried the same with OP BUT NEVER QUOTED ANY PRICE.
For him to come back and state made up prices is kind of rubbing it in my face straight up lying, specially after i had spent time helping him understand. At that point i just wished him good luck n good bye.
It was his continous attitude which I guess everyone else got tired of.

3 Likes

It was in “Share Deals”. And while I totally understand your frustration, his thread should not have been turned into back and and forth between the OP and a broker, especially if there was no contract in place.
If he posted in your “Review” thread I’d move it to landfill because there was no contract between you.

3 Likes

You posting that reply? image

1 Like

Maybe I should close this thread…:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

An eye for an eye and a thread for a thread.

If you close one, gotta reopen a different one!

1 Like

The irony is that you don’t see the difference between one Share Deals thread and your rants about the same dealer in 5 different places.

1 Like

So irony AND exaggeration? You want to go for the Trifecta and add outright fabrication?:wink:.
Maybe if you didn’t lock/delete threads with complete abandon it wouldn’t have been posted in another place but you delete/lock one post, and I had replied to another post, which you lock, so I open a thread in offramp as suggested by someone who PM’ed me with far more courtesy/constructive advice than you apparently are capable of, and what happens? You lock it too. Moderating doesn’t mean censoring. You sir, are a valuable (And often funny) contributor to the forum but you are overstepping the boundaries of what a moderator should do at times. Maybe another mod should start locking YOUR threads randomly to see how you like being lorded over by someone without sufficient justification. Or Is that dealer giving you reason to protect their interests and you will not allow a forum to be a forum?

Your posts about your dealer were first removed from a broker’s thread, then you bumped a 2 years old thread (which I locked) with the same rant, then you opened new thread to rant about that dealer again. We heard you and that was the end of your story about that dealer.

3 Likes

Your reason for locking/closing the last one? I understood the one in the broker thread but you closing really the last 2 but ESPECIALLY the last one is just petty.

As I said - they all are rants about the same dealer. The one out of two locked is open for viewing.

Necromancing a two year old thread doesn’t help and spamming your story of how someone you didn’t do business with didn’t do business with you is unnecessary. It isn’t a personal attack to have threads closed.

6 Likes

definitely ready to see this thread closed :joy:

OP titles thread as a poll and doesn’t even make a poll :worried: :confused:

2 Likes

It wasn’t being spammed. I posted it one place and once it was removed (for understandable and previously discussed reasons) I posted it one more place BECAUSE it was removed from that place, which was locked. Then I opened a new topic in off ramp,as suggested, and it was also locked after a smug reply from the mod. My actions were in response to the mod, not spamming.

From the outward perspective, it came across as being spammed. It popped up, in multiple threads, including one several years old. When one was closed, it appeared in another.

I understand that you had a separate conversation the first time and that wasn’t your intention, but for someone not privy to that, the outward appearance was not so.

…and then you told us about in 100 more. Give it a fucking rest already!

3 Likes

Mods keep locking threads. When will the tyranny end!!! /s

1 Like

Poll added, so go & vote!

A more appropriate, third option may be a request for clarification on closing guidance. I don’t know that having an override vote does much good, but if there’s concern about how/why things are closed, that may be better addressed just through more communication.

Can’t they just PM the mod who closed the thread for closing guidance?
It seems that most of the times, Mods leave comment as to why they are closing the thread in the first place

That’s our guidance - to post short explanation

1 Like