Poll: Tesla Model S Plaid vs BMW M5 Competition / Mercedes-AMG E63S

Start up the M5/E63 and rev them a few times.

Trust me, you won’t even look at that wind-up car anymore.

That’s because you won’t be able to see it because it will be so far ahead, lol.

It evens out actually cause you’ll get a battery :battery: error and it’ll leave you on the side of the road LoL

E63S, but in wagon form. Nothing is as crazy to me as a twin charged V8 disguised as a grocery-getting family station wagon.

1 Like

If I’m gonna go wagon, I’m gonna go RS6

2 Likes

A now (slightly retro?) CTS V wagon would be pretty bad donkey.

Or…if one needs to bottom feed a bit more (spockvr6 style)…what about a Dodge Magnum SRT8 wagon?

1 Like

Yeah, don’t think you can go wrong. Would love an RS6 too. I’d personally go with the Merc though, only because I think it’s more of a sleeper. The RS6 looks aggressive and fast! I’ll continue to fantasize though, as I drive my two liter, four cylinder, Volvo wagon around.

Since this is Leasehacker. Which on of these 3 has the best lease terms and the worst lease terms.

Based on absolutely no research I’m guessing:

M5 best lease terms

Plaid somewhere in the middle.

E63s worst lease terms.

Since we are talking wagons here, these were pretty awesome back in the day and would have a major cool factor now.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a32500661/tested-1995-volvo-850-t-5r/

1 Like

Only took 20 post to derail it. Lol

OP doesn’t want a decision based on critical thinking… just what’s pretty too look at.

how can you compare ICE v EV performance cars & not talk about technical aspects of vehicles?

This 88 Volvo 240 wagon with a 6.0-Liter Turbo LS V8 swap just went on C&B. Seems pretty absurd!

Plaid S or X. Personally I would go X for the Gullwing doors.

The exhaust sound gets old too because it just draws unwanted attention. If I’m correct you have had quite a few Beemers. Nothing compares to the Tesla honestly. Playing frogger on the highway in a Tesla will never get old.

Not sure how that is relevant

What are you driving now?

I vote this: Auto Leasing / Buying Service 🇺🇦 on Instagram: "Super excited to put some miles on the sexiest sedan in the world! 2022 Porsche taycan 4s, welcome home! #autobroker #dealsonwheels #bmw #bmwleasing #nissan #Volvo #infiniti #carsales #porsche #porschetaycan #taycan #taycan4s"

2 Likes

A pretty sweet entry level 2019 Mazda6. 0-60 in under 5 minutes.

Cayenne turbo s and playing the waiting game on a G80

1 Like

On the German stuff, you can turn down the exhaust noise (pretty sure the M5 has valves in the exhaust) to avoid attention.

A lot of cars have active exhaust…but you’re still the one the cops get if you hit it.

I’m a muscle car guy and have owned just about everything with 8 cylinders under 120k. Nothing compares to acceleration and fun of a Tesla. Especially since you can do it with one hand while on a zoom call. Op has the resources to swap cars often…he’s not marrying the plaid just taking it on a date for awhile.

1 Like

Fair point, maybe I should actually drive an M3 Performance or a Plaid :slight_smile:

I just wish Tesla would differentiate them a bit more, at least a unique color interior with a mean bumper or something