Polestar 2 Long Term Rental AMA

I agree the center console is large without the space to make it useful. Having to open the compartment to get a second cup is annoying and at the moment its full a pack of gum, a wallet, and some hand sanitizer.

1 Like

assuming awd because of the snow? thought about the rwd since I’m a cheapskate but that 7 second 0-60 might kill me.

1 Like

Single motor is FWD.

I’ve been meaning to find and borrow one to do a proper range shakedown on one.

Charging on road trips really depends on the charging network and while EA has the largest CCS network, ChargePoint and EVGo have been the most seamless/reliable.

EA works great when they open their chargers up on free days but their payment backend is BUGGY as all get out. Sometimes the station will refuse to authenticate and by some weird miracle start right up and stay on while telling you the initialization failed and replace the plug.

Is this a location issue or an EA sided, like do nicer locations work better or is it consistently trash

I used EVgo when BMW introduced the i3 and the first ever free charging for the bmws. Reliable, sure but they’d only had 1 station and 3 Leaf’s in line to use it. But those chargers always worked, EA on the other hand… They are getting better and their customer service is quick to help.

I’ve been stalking the Polestar website since March and the lease program just declined again, this has to be purchased. I personally would grab the dual motor and heat pump. But if I was to live in a warm climate it would be bare bones, single motor and enjoy that 270+ miles range

I have yet to use myself, but this got good reviews on another forum.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=eff2de1f-764b-4ba0-9030-5ff83c9211d2

Yeah I am actually kicking myself for missing out on the leasing last month. Minimal downpayment on a $64k MSRP (around there) was like $675 a month. Its jumped over to like the 800’s.

For what its worth, I enjoyed the Polestar 2 more than the model 3. Even with the massive center console, I feel less cramped overall. 6’0 230lbs here.

2 Likes

In Socal, I’ve found EA to be more reliable than CP and EVGo over the last year.
I’ve also had no problem using the 1000KW audi credits for my etron or the 30min fast charging credit that comes with P2, in fact, I use the P2’s credit to fully charge the etron :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol I actually wanted to do the same to charge my Etron when I get my next ev with EA charging credits. It is not vin specific then?

1 Like

Activate the app and plug in.

I don’t believe it is. Once I activated the Polestar charging promo it defaulted as the primary payment method regardless of vehicle. I also don’t have any vehicles listed under the “my vehicles” tab in the EA app.

Here’s a receipt from an etron charging session

1 Like

I honestly loved driving the Polestar 2. The handling and power were top notch. Good straight-line acceleration and much better corner handling that I expected at this price point. However, I couldn’t help feeling:

• Rear seats were cramped
  • Center console is too big and non-practical. I also question the material choice
  • Cloth seats are terrible, and the leather option technically costs $9k
  • Base price is cheap but adding any features dramatically increases its price tag where its not as valuable as compared to some of the other EV options
5 Likes

Seems to follow the characteristics of several import brands.

1 Like

Very good review from TG
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/polestar/2?fbclid=IwAR131M7ZG2am0_C2pWXfqxyN1AZjanfY9FngCDHhDAvX3sDzxiqK_3yam10

1 Like

Just had a pretty good experience with “Polestar Connect”, the in-car tech support button.
I was connected directly to someone in the US to help with resetting my P2s modem after the GPS crapped thought I was in the middle of the Pacific ocean all day.

PSA: They instructed not to use the on-screen hard reset as it can cripple the car.

1. hold the home screen until the system resets
    Or
  2. hold the windshield defrost button for 15 seconds to reset modem. This ended up doing the trick.
2 Likes

What was rear window visibility like? I sat in a Polestar 2 over the weekend and the rear window visibility looked really limited. Would be concerned about blind spots.

eh… I don’t use the rear-window for anything so Im not sure. I only use the right-left mirrors with a dedicated blind-spot mirror installed

Rear window is freaking non existent, that’s actually a good call out.

Pic I took while in the car

2 Likes