Polestar 2 introduces single motor version with MSRP starting at $47k

Also gets full 7500 tax credit and 2k for nj chargeup. Lots of value here vs a model 3.

10 Likes

might be short lived if the new bill passes…

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

I wonder if the lease deal it used to have carries over, also the $2k trade-in… If that’s the case it would make a pretty good lease with zero effort needed

Pretty close pricing after the fed credit. This is solid competition indeed. Some may be turned away due to the range difference. Wonder if the lease deals are better…that’s where they could do some damage.

I’ve seen a few of these around, and they’re pretty sharp. Would love to see a true wagon version, in Volvo tradition.

Also, this isn’t really a “price drop” but rather the addition of a single-motor option, right?

4 Likes

If this becomes hackable, I will seriously consider it. I test drove one and its…fine. Bit of an ugly car in person.

4 Likes

Let’s limit the political mud slinging, please.

I haven’t driven this car and I wonder how it actually
Holds up as a “sport sedan.” Not sure I’d consider the model 3 a sports sedan, either.

Which one…the performance one is in my book a sports sedan…then again I don’t even know anymore what a sports sedan is these days. They show Camrys on commercials and call them sports sedans…lol

4 Likes

This. Also about $7,200 of standard equipment packages are now optional/extra cost. Plus and Pilot packages.

So ultimately you save $6,800 but get a FWD with 231-hp vs AWD with 408-hp.

Edit: note that since the dual motor option is $4k, this ultimately represents a $2,800 price cut apples to apples.

1 Like

I suppose it depends on how you define a sports sedan…

For a sports sedan I’m looking for a GT car with direct and communicative steering feel, communicative suspension, high throttle response, limited or lower body roll, and a harder suspension.

Not sure if the M3P delivers all that or it’s just a “WWHHHOOO CAR GO FASTS!!!” I haven’t had the privilege of driving one yet as they’re not exactly
Available for test drive where I’m at.

It’s nice that there are more EV options but Geely owned makes it a hard pass for me

1 Like

Yeah the price “drop” was nowhere near $14k

They introduced a new lower end trim. It’s like BMW introducing the next gen 3-series with only the M3 available the first year. Then next year release a 320i and have clickbait articles saying “$40k price drop!”

2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting development. So if I bought a Swedish made Volvo, how much of my money would have gone to Geely in the arrangement and then to the Chinese government?

Or did geelys involvement only apply to Chinese-market and made cars and Polestar?

1 Like

It’s on tour!

1 Like

it’s a fun drive. similar to the p8. not overly fast, but good.

I like the Polestar 2, but this still feels about $7k overpriced. This FWD base car is about the size, spec and content of an A3 or A220 or 228iGC, just as an EV.

Why is Polestar avoiding the Chicago market? :grimacing: I want to try one of these!

Longer Range For Cheaper, will this still qualify for the $7500 incentive?