Please Review My A4 Lease Offer!

Background: I’ve loved the S4 for a long time, but it’s out of my price range, so I’ve instead downgraded my dreams to an A4 with some of the S “fixins”.

2018 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Premium Plus S Tronic quattro AWD with black optic plus package
MSRP: $50,810
Term: 42 months
Miles: 7,500
Signing: $1,500
Monthly: $563

I don’t love the look of BMWs, but since I’ve seen it stated often on this forum that Audis don’t lease well, feel free to tell me what you’d drive instead if you were looking for a fun to drive luxury-ish weekend car. I don’t drive to/from work so 10,000 is more than plenty, and 7,500 is completely doable. I live in a state where you pay personal property tax on cars, so my sweet spot is $500/mo or less on payments because I’m taking into account the hefty property tax I’m going to have to pay. My max is $600/mo.

Looks like you did not get a discount. And 42 months with that monthly payment is terrible especially at 7,500 miles per year. If you are set on an Audi, you can do better but not as good as BMW’s or Mercedes. I would also look at the Giulia, great car and can be leased at 389 per month for 24 months with 1,500 drive offs ($46,000), at least based on the offer I got.

340i $53,xxx MSRP will be about $2,500 drive off $530/month 36mo/10k. Rough numbers, but in general I can’t justify paying that much for an A4 and still getting 70 horsepower less.

1 Like

Man, Audi leases suck. Candidly, they’re so bad it doesn’t make sense to consider leasing one. If you really want an A4, buy a CPO model.

Alternatives: Stinger, Giulia, Jag XE/XF, c300, maybe even a Macan.

Maybe a C43

Not sure about Stinger but Giulia and XE should both be easily doable <450

Q50 Redsport would be a good one to add to the list too. 400hp for <$400 is hard to complain about.

Thanks all for your suggestions - there just aren’t many sporty cars to choose from in this price range that I actually find cute. But I agree with the consensus on this being a terrible deal. I’d rather lease an Evoque (despite how ugly it is from the back) if I’m paying within that range.

If you’re in or close to Cali you might want to speak to the OP of this thread: SoCal AUDI Fleet Price

I’d have a hard time justifying that money on a car that has the same basic engine, but poorer performance, as the Golf GTI which is half the price. The Alfa Giulia has more hp and is better to drive than the A4, and is significantly cheaper and has similar euro styling.

I don’t know the numbers but is the RS3 not an option for around that money but more performance? If exterior styling is a big factor have you considered the Ghibli?

Your max is $600 per month? I don’t see any reason why you can’t get the S4 you really want for under $600 per month. You may have to compromise on some of your options, but that payment is very doable for an in-stock S4 without navigation/telematics. I guess it depends on where you live. Here in the Chicago area we have a lot of S4 inventory and plenty of dealers to compete. You could score 13% off MSRP with no trouble.

2 Likes

I got my s4 for just a little over $600. Sign and drive with 10k per year and 36 months . Go for one in the $56k to 57k range and negotiate from there.

2 Likes

I saw that thread, but unfortunately I live about as far as you can get. DC area.

When I asked the same dealer about the S4, they came back with “about $230 more”. They really don’t want my business :woman_shrugging:t2:

Find some DC area dealers with plenty of S4 in stock. Use the Leasehackr calculator to find a payment you’re comfortable with, and start negotiating. Worst they can say is no. Dealers want to move the 2018 models to make way for 2019. Or you can wait for the 2019 models and special order one without many options. If you can do without navigation, you can option one out for under $55k. Stick to what you really want, otherwise you won’t be very happy for 36 months…

Thanks. I find navigation a useless option because I use my phone even in cars with navigation so I’m happy to forgo that.

The best deals for the 2019s will be during Season of Audi in November/December. High residual, decent incentives and likely complementary first payment. When the 2019 comes out, shop the dealers for the best offer, build one with only what you need, put down $500 and wait three months. That way you’ll get exactly what you want, when you want. That’s what I’m doing.
Just don’t look at the custom color order book or you’ll blow your budget for sure ($3,900 upcharge will get you a one-of-a-kind Audi)

1 Like

Don’t do 42 months, you are only saving $2 a month.

$1,500 out of pocket
36/7,500 miles a year
$473 base payment
MSRP $50,760
Net cap cost $43,462

I know you’re not in Socal but this is a doable deal if you shop hard enough. Good luck!

5 Likes

Can someone explain the meaning of 20202020 that are being posted in this forum?

The forum requires a response to be at least 20 characters in length. People type that out to fill out the character count.

1 Like

The Golf is half the price because you then have to drive a Golf.

The Giulia is a tenth of a second faster 0-60, reflecting it’s smidgen higher hp. I wouldn’t say it’s better to drive than the A4 (nor would most reviews), and price-wise the msrp’s are only a few thousand off for similar packages (which the A4 beats out the Alfa in every one).