Please rate my Grand Cherokee deal

Would love to hear thoughts on how I did.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

MSRP $50,385

Gross Cap Cost $45,768

Rebates $6,750

Equity from trade $1,397

Adjusted Cap Cost $37,620

48% residual - $24,184

Money factor was .00001 I believe

Had a Chrysler Cap lease that had 6 payments remaining.
KBB trade in value good condition was $17,500 and my payoff was $18,100, which included about $1,200 worth of unpaid excise tax that I would have had to pay by the end of the lease. They ended up giving me $19,500 to make the #'s work. Car had the original tires with over 46k miles on them, basically slicks.

36 months

15k miles/year

Only 1st payment due at signing

$400/month including everything - sales tax, tire and wheel protection and key replacement.

1 Like

I’d say you did great!

1 Like

Sounds like a heck of a deal, congrats! Where did you get this from and was it with September or October numbers?

Thanks! It was a September deal up in New England.
The best offer I had before was $433 with first payment due on a $45,125 Limited, without tire and wheel. Thought that was pretty good considering my trade in situation but decided to keep shopping it. Even though it’s a pain it’s definitely worth getting multiple dealers involved.

did they buy out your old vehicle? how does that work?

I am in the process of negotiating for high altitude and have 5 payments left on my charger, but im only at 17.5k miles out of 39k

absolutely great deal

Yeah they bought it out. Hopefully you’re in a good position with miles being so low. You should qualify for the loyalty rebate as well.

You can call your whoever your lease is with to get the up to date payoff, mine was through Chrysler Capital.
Once you have that you should go to Kelly Blue Book and put in all of your info to get the trade in value. That way you’ll have a pretty good idea of where you stand.

Can’t beat 400 all in.

I am about to sign a lease on a 2018 JGC Overland - waiting to receive the worksheet but here are the numbers provided by the dealer:

$421/month, 10K/36months., inclusive of all taxes, tags and dealer fees.
$2,000 driveoff including the first monthly payment.
Dealer will take care of my last current lease’s monthly payment and lease disposition fees totaling $850. Will also take possession of the current car.

Any thoughts? Again, still waiting for the exact breakdown.

on a 2018 Overland, MSRP 49740, I’ve been quoted 485 on a 36/15, sign and drive. that’s with 6.6% dealer discount and 7K total lease cash which i haven’t yet received breakdown on (NE Region has 5500 lease cash but not sure where the other 1.5K is coming from). MF should be .00001 and RV on a 15K is 48% so I suspect on a 10K you would be an additional 4pts or so.

What dealer was this at out of curiosity and would they be willing to replicate do you think? (not including the trade of course)

@ras8512 can you pm the dealer info if you are in Northern California?

Sorry, I am in the DC metro area.

Here are the numbers on the Overland - original MSRP was just a little less than $51K

Could you PM me the Dealer and who you worked with? I will go pick it up at this price.

That’s last month’s deal. The numbers could be entirely different this month. Do your research for November.

I realize there will be some differences but here in FL I can’t find anything even remotely close to this price. Just wanted to know the dealership and sales rep.

OP is in NE. You’d have to travel or ship.