Please rate Buick Enclave Essence AWD deal

All Experts,

Need your inputs on 2018 Buick Enclave Essence (AWD) lease at Seattle. I think numbers are OK, need your input on where I can do better

**MSRP: $50335
**Selling Price: $47566
**Monthly Payment: $546.71 (including tax)
**Cash Due at Signing: $2500
**MSD:0 (as per dealer Buick don’t take MSDs, is that correct?)
**Incentives:$2750

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:10000
**MF:.00130
**Residual:59%

**Region:Seattle
**Leasehackr Score:7.9

Are you stuck on a Buick? This is just a terrible value. I have heard that Seattle is a tough market for buyers, but damn, even on a Buick?

I would be looking for about 14%-15% off of MSRP if not more.

Figure out all the incentives you qualify for. Find the bottom selling price and go from there. If you cannot get close to $400 a month out the door, I would look for a better value SUV…

1 Like

Does the selling price include the incentives? If so, I would say the dealer needs to do a lot more in discount, maybe invoice?

Absolutely horrible on a leftover 2018. Should be 15-20% off. A 2019 would be cheaper with that pitiful discount. What are the incentives for a 2019?

You can get a X5 loaner for the price you’re considering…or any number of far superior vehicles. Look at the deals being posted for MDX, Infiniti, etc.

With the $2.5k down that’s $615 ish. I agree with others here—that’s a bad value for a Buick, or well, any vehicle with that MSRP.

I’ve rented an Enclave (not by choice!) and with only 15k miles on the clock it had more rattles than a day care. I know that’s opinion on the car and not what you’re here for but damn, that model really struck me as one that wasn’t going to hold up.

1 Like

Thanks for your inputs. I liked Buick enclave primarily because of generous 3rd row space.

This is going to be my counter offer, how it looks?

**MSRP: $50335
**Selling Price: $43226
**Monthly Payment: $403 (including tax)
**Cash Due at Signing (drive-off): $2500
**Down payment:$1500
**MSD:0 (as per dealer Buick don’t take MSDs, is that correct?)
**Incentives:$2750

**Months:36
**Annual Mileage:10000
**MF:.00130
**Residual:59%

**Region:Seattle
**Leasehackr Score:10

Don’t put $2.5k for DAS. Roll everything into the payment, including the first payment if possible, making it sign and drive.

That’s ambitious, but at most you should put down whatever the payment is going to be. Anything more is risking money for no reason.

If Enclave doesn’t lease well, and it seems they don’t, you might want to consider financing too.

Have you looked at the new Chevy Traverse? It’s the same chassis as the Enclave with just about the same options and third row seat. It may lease out better.

Thanks all for your response. Dealership came back with below numbers. Considering Seattle market I don’t think it is terrible deal, usually LA/NY area has better deals.

It doesn’t look like we will be moving forward. Back to drawing board for new car.