Please Help! 2020 GLB v GLC

Since you looked at Velar, I’ll draw the conclusion that you’re willing to look at a non-MB. Thus, I will make the obligatory suggestion of BMW X3, which will be hard to beat on a lease in this category. I suspect the X1 may be a bit smaller than what you’re looking for.

1 Like

You will find far better deals on a GLC than a brand new model GLB. I was a bit disappointed by the GLB styling on lower trims especially and the relatively speaking low output base motor for a vehicle with its curb weight. Interior looks nice though. GLB deals won’t likely be good til later next year. GLC got some nice updates for 2020. And as others have said X3 deals are likely to be superior

Thanks for all the advice! I think the GLC is definitely the way to go. What would be considered a good % off MSRP? What would be considered ridiculous?

I’m in AZ as well looking for an SUV. Velar and X5 are in my price range but no luck finding deals. Have you found anything in AZ for an suv?

You’re not going to find it in AZ. Best bet is to find a good dealer in SoCal and have them ship it out. I am currently negotiating with a few dealers. If you want once I settle on the best offer, I can give your their info. When are you looking to sign the lease?

Don’t forget to register as a dealer if you’re going to solicit business here

Question for the forum: I told the dealer that I want to put zero down and wanted first month waived. The agreed to both. However, the starting DAS was 2,400 and with the first month waiver the new DAS is ~1,900. This seems high. Acquisition fee should only be $795 correct? What’s the other 1,200 from?

Tax, title, registration, dealer doc fee, etc probably

Are all these fees standard? I know Mercedes dealers like to jack up the acquisition fee from $795 to $1,095. I guess I want to know what’s standard so I can tell if they’re increasing the rates for profit. Can I push back on these fees?

You’re definitely not getting away from paying tax, title, registration, or doc fees. How much they are will vary be vehicle/location.

I agree. I guess I was more curious as to whether the dealers will increase these fees to offset the decrease in cap cost. I would think tax, title, and registration can’t be changed but what about Doc Fee and Acquisition Price they do have the ability to increase. Is this correct?

Dealer fee in California is legally limited to $85. Generally acquisition fee is held fairly constant. Either way, you need to get a fee breakdown from the dealer to see what they’re actually charging before you can determine if they’re trying to hide anything in the fees.

Yes. I’m getting the breakdown today and wanted to be well prepared to be able to push back if they mark anything up.

I got quotes from many mb dealer.
They charged $1095 for acquisition fee.
Dealer said it is set by dealership owner and he cant change it.
Is it right?

Just factor in an extra $300 into your target discount

Most MB dealers are firm on the acq fee is 1095.

Posting this here because the admin closed the other thread. Apparently asking the difference between two models and if a deal is good is redundant. Anyway…

About to close on a lease deal for a GLC. This is the best offer I’ve gotten. Thoughts?

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Mercedes GLC RWD
MSRP: $ 51,820
Sale Price: $ 43,593
Monthly Payment: $ 462
Drive-Off Amount: $ 1,916 (no money down, this is all dealer/tax/registration fees including $1,095 acquisition fee)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Residual: 57%
Incentives: 1k plus first month payment waiver
MSDs: 10 total $5,500
Region: SoCal
*Sales price includes $500 shipping fee, 3 years maintenance.

Creating two threads about an offer and then a “best deal so far” on the same vehicle is redundant and unnecessary.

Can i have infos of dealer?

Thanks

If the monthly includes tax, then I think that’s a pretty good deal.