Please delete post thank you

I’ll try to say this without coming off as mean… But you’re going to be stuck with this car for the remainder of your lease duration unless you come up with a better incentive. Nobody is going to take over a $56k 3-series for $519 a month with <10k miles per year unless you push a fat incentive. Giving some extra dollars to tack on more miles isn’t really an incentive – it’s you compensating for over-driving.

While you may feel like you’ve got a great deal here (and that’s great because we should all feel that way when we lease cars), the lack of interest certainly suggests otherwise.

It seems like you’re tripping over dollars to save pennies. The longer this sits, the further in the hole you go… I think you’re in need of a sucker to take this lease over, but you would be hard pressed to find one on LH. People know better than to take over a BMW lease at 1% with under 10k miles/yr. So you either need to press a fat incentive here, or rely on something like Craigslist and hope someone unfamiliar with leasing takes this off your plate.

2 Likes

That is understandable. I’m willing to negotiate as purchasing more miles is not an issue. I am open on hearing offers if buyer is interested.

this is the next cheapest “available” one on swapalease:

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2016-BMW-3-Series.aspx?salid=1148965

That’s actually an X-drive model without MSD and more miles.

The reason why i said “available” is because someone had one for $422 on SAL but it’s pending transfer already.

Agree with @dukez that it would take such a massive incentive to have someone take over that payment that you might as well just keep it.

Updated incentive to $2700

Bump for upping incentive. Also please don’t ask for ridiculous offers like $300 a month. Thanks.

A suggestion, but maybe you forget about the MSD. Who’s going to mail you a check in 2 years when the lease is up? How will you enforce that anyways?

Scenario A
If you keep the car, you pay $11,937 roughly
($519 x 23 remaining months = $11,937) minus the returned MSD of $4200
Unknown figure is insurance costs for 2 years.
Net Cost - $7737 + cost to insure car for 2 years.

Scenario B
If you let the car go, you save the aforementioned $7737 + cost to insure for 2 years
I would forget about the MSD which makes this instantly more attractive to any potential leaser and negotiate on miles instead of a transfer fee. Let them pay transfer fee, and you increase mileage up to 12k annually. Any amount you pay now is still money saved. See scenario A.

I think Scenario B is your best bet and your car will move. Unfortunately you are not really in a position of power. BMW’s are a dime a dozen and with a little research, someone could get a better deal on a brand new unit and not deal with the transfer of a used lease.

Just my .02

Your suggestions are right on the money. The longer OP waits, the more he loses.

I would suggest also look into Scenario C: Take it to carmax. See how much they offer.

I think the starker reality is that this is, at best, an eh deal for a RWD 340i for the hackers community. Demo 340s were available for lower monthlies with MSDs last year and possibly still available for lower monthlies without MSDs. A full walk away from the MSDs might garner traction here to warrant a bite from the hacker crowd. Otherwise, I would recommend Craigslist and the like. Fwiw, not too long ago, one could get a $60k new AH3 for under $350/month with MSDs. Good luck!

thanks for the suggestions… I’m not firm on my offer and willing to listen to any offers that are reasonable .

Like others have commented above, You will be hard pressed to find anyone here on LEASEHACKR unless you you totally forget about the MSD.

yeah the only way someone on this forum would take it is with OP forgetting MSD.

i’m guessing you’re quite underwater with those miles if you take it to carmax.

I took t to CarMax and the number they gave me was night and day from payoff.

BMW inflates their residuals, they payoff is going to be way higher than carmax or anyone else will give you.

Have you offered it on Turo for private rentals?

OP only has about 7xx miles/ month. That would not be a good option. Especially in the crowded norcal market