Places to go, things to do

Come on man. Your from NY, you should have a good idea already.

1 Like

Upstate is pretty chill, we only closed schools and most businesses, but we are still allowed to go out and see the sun.

I got to retract that. On Monday I got sent home because I had a throat tickle, then a few hours later they closed the place down anyway.

The sun isnā€™t scary. Itā€™s the other humanoids that Iā€™m trying to avoid. Doesnā€™t mean we have to stay inside a building.

2 Likes

Sounds like heaven. Why leave!?! Where are you?

In Turks and Caicos. Everything here is shutting down. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re going to close the borders in a week or so, so gotta get out while I can.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because youā€™re used to being trapped in your house with the 500 feet of snow you get a year.

1 Like

You shouldā€™ve hitched a ride on the Lord and Saviorā€™s rocket on his next visit to Mars

More fun hanging out with these guys all week

5 Likes

Sweet Tiburon

1 Like

Not true, weā€™ve had one medium size snow storm once a year.

They must have cut back since the 20 years I lived in Upstate NY. Budget cuts?

My pup still goes to doggy daycare a couple days a week (handoff is 3 mins and only a couple other people in a very big open space), and Iā€™ve had to venture a couple times for groceries. Otherwise if Iā€™m not in the house Iā€™m in the back yard.

If you need to get out just go for a nice long solo drive. This is a car forum after allā€¦

I went for a nice 2 hour cruise with the top down today after sitting inside for 2 days. Felt great

4 Likes

Just last week there were only 2 places in the Caribbean with covid-19 (I even posted about Aruba), now itā€™s everywhere.

1 Like

Last I heard, they had a few potential cases in T&C in quarantine, but hadnā€™t heard of any confirmed cases. Either way, itā€™s a lot better than at home.

The view is much better too

3 Likes

Like I said before - Iā€™d self isolate in Aruba, even with their current 4 cases

West NY and Downstate usually get a ton, we are nicely situated in the middle.

Probably going to do some drives down PCH since I am way under miles and havenā€™t driven my car in 4 days.
I work from home pretty much exclusively so that is nothing new for me, now the wife is home too which is good.
Just walking, running, hiking, working out on the stairs and backyard of our apartment building and waiting for things to get better.

The dogs are all loving this!

6 Likes

Iā€™m just here for the hunting lodge lease hacks!

1 Like

That is something we can all agree on. My dog has seen a 200% increase in human food (via toddler) and a 500% increase in walk time.

7 Likes

Prices in the mountains near me have doubled the last 2 days. Nyc and nnj are running for the hills. I started looking Monday bc I was thinking about just renting a cabin and getting away from everyone for a few weeks and unplug. Airbnb is def making up some lost revenue

2 Likes