Places to go, things to do

Looks like L.A. is about to be locked down as of midnight, time for a cruise in the 340i before it gets parked for a while

How many cases are there in California?

1,043 atm

They just issued an order shutting down all of California

1 Like
1 Like

1043 cases isn’t even a city block in a major city. Something doesn’t sit well with all of this hype.

1 Like

Well, according to newsom, over half of the population of California will have this in the next 8 weeks, ignoring that that would be 100 times worse than the current trajectory that Italy is on.

That’s really incomplete data. We aren’t testing widely yet.

Imagine an exponential spread from 1,043 transmitters.

Believe the hype. Ferchrissakes there are thousands dead around the :earth_americas:

:bat:

Of course, here in LA county, we were given a “stay home” order rather than a “shelter in place” order, because after much deliberation, they preferred that verbage.

Yes, the order was delayed for a bit while they decided on terminology they felt was less aggressive. Mind you, the only difference is the title.

1 Like

Then I was right since GMT is now +4 rather than +5 as of before March 8. And the early departures by 1:20, 1:30 mean they where early by 20 or 30 minutes :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I can sleep.

2 Likes

Well, except my flight left on time when it was supposed to, and didn’t arrive late by an hour :wink:

Still joking, but maybe not. Your flight was on time by ET

Maybe the clocks had the virus

This is the site I like to watch, death count. Spiking now

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-toll/

1 Like

But some were asymptomatic?

They can. And they can have a fever and be walking around shedding the virus too.

As others posted the order came down over an hour ago (I heard it was coming yesterday).

+1 and 19 dead in CA

I realize math isn’t everyone’s strong suit, but as a nation:

• Sat we had 60 dead
  • Tue we had 100 dead
  • Today we have 217 dead

The rate is accelerating, the Federal response has been shamefully insufficient, so the fifth largest economy is closed in an attempt to slow the spread.

This certainly may be less fatal than the flu, but that infection rate is slowed significantly by immunity and timing. We can all speculate whether people have had this virus or not, we don’t know because we are only testing the most obvious cases, and we can see from clusters of infections how fast it spreads. In SoCal we had nearly 70 people infected in 2 families from 1 person. In South Korea I recommend reading about “patient 31” who had a fever, wasn’t sent to a fever clinic (went to lunch) and infected 1,100 people.

The fun’s just starting. Europe asked Amazon to downsample all the streaming to save bandwidth.

1 Like

Here is today’s “Sobering Math by the Bat” installment:

China has a population of 1.4 billion. They have 3,250 deaths from 80,900 cases. Italy has a population of 60 million, or 4.2% of China’s population. They have surpassed China’s death total with 3,400 deaths and an alarming increase today with ~427 dying. That’s roughly one soul every 17 seconds or so.

So forgive those of us who take this pretty seriously. If the death rate gets that fast in here it will affect each of us.

1 Like

Because China did not really care about one’s freedoms. They did what was necessary to stop the spread. Who’s really ready to make sacrifices?

3 Likes

The ones who prefer life not ending?

1 Like