Pickup Truck - Chevy or Ford, Looking for a deal around $200.. is it possible?

I leased a 2019 Tacoma (TRD Sport - Double Cab - Long Bed - Automatic) back in September 2019. It’s a fantastic truck for the money. For your household project use, it will not let you down.

3 Likes

Tacoma, spend at least another 100/month for a Tundra, or triple your budget.

2 Likes

Looks great… I like it… I think I am going to have to go test drive one!!

When you do check out different trims. I had a Double Cab Off-Road - it somewhat different ride from TRD-Sport. Otherwise loved taking it to the beach with my boys.

1 Like

That was my choice as well, I loved the off-road 4 x 4✔️

3 Likes

with a manual? That was my option:)

I went with the automatic, manuals can be fun, but no one else in my household knows how to drive one so it is a little bit limiting. If you have any thoughts whatsoever about swapping it out, an automatic will also open up to a much larger audience.

2 Likes

Trailer…

3 Likes

Correct. Or van. Any short bed pickup truck is going to be only slightly more useful than a sedan with food down seats.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would have to respectfully disagree. I have used short bed pick up trucks with the rear tailgate down so many times when we have bought furniture, plywood, etc. that I would have had no chance of fitting in even the largest car.

Of course, the question still remains whether or not it is simply more advantageous to rent a truck from Home Depot or the like for such events.

2 Likes

I wasted hundreds (or probably thousands) of dollars worth of gas driving around in three consecutive SUVs, when I could have accomplished the same thing by paying for an occasional delivery… which is also a lot more convenient.

Also, I can tell you from firsthand experience that you can get 17 bags of river rocks home in a 750i, with plenty of room to spare.

7 Likes

I was literally just laughing when I read that, I remember about five years ago I managed to get 15 or so bags of mulch into the back of my i3 in a pinch😁

5 Likes

I agree I can get the occasional delivery but I figured since I need a second car and would like a pick up. I just didn’t want to spend a lot on it… Looks like I missed the cheap Tacoma deals at the moment anyway. Ill just have to keep an eye on it… Thanks for all the input…

But how many dead bodies will it hold?

1 Like

Not enough. There’s a reason the Albanian mob uses S classes, Rolls Royces, and red Soviet era Bentleys :upside_down_face:

• Top gear reference
4 Likes

I was exaggerating a little, but yeah the Home Depot truck makes a lot more sense unless you’re doing a full down to the studs renovation. Before I had a van I used to only rent it a couple times a year and I’ve remodeled my entire house.

:man_shrugging: IMO if you’re going to have something sitting around 99% of the time I’d go as cheap as possible. Which is probably used, or a crazy Taco lease.

3 Likes

I accidentally got the long bed. It has worked out extremely well for me. The Extra 12" has saved the day quite a few times. When my lease is up, I’m going to go for a 1/2 ton. I don’t know if I should go for 4 Full Doors & the 5’8" bed or the smaller rear doors and 6’5" Bed.

2 Likes

I bought one of these about 10-15 years ago. It has served me well. https://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-heavy-duty-folding-trailer-62648.html

1 Like

The cheap :taco: deals are still out there, just have to do some work, and/or find an SR double cab 4x4 if your region has them, or go out of state. Remember one pay or MSD’s