Picking up my new Mercedes c43 amg tomorrow

Are you saying he was a she? :slight_smile:

OP does appear to a she, not that it matters.

Really? I didn’t realize that.

He or she is not the point. Imho This was not our finest moment in handling this situation and I wish I could take back what I said lol. I think collectively the responses were well meaning and honest but came across as brutal and condescending with almost a patronizing streak. There ought to have been a gentler way to tell somebody their deal “needs a lot of work”. So I do apologize to OP

3 Likes

No point apologizing. First 30 responses are all kind and gentle and OP didn’t figure it out.

1 Like

I think I was fair. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If your feelings are hurt…that sucks. You know what sucks more? Finding out after you take the lease that you were a sucker!

I’d happily take a slightly bruised ego, learn and secure a better deal in the end.

I was offered a 14% discount on a 2017 C43 AMG. I decided to pass, but can pass along the name of the dealer if anyone is interested.

A guy who uses a True Car screen shot to defend his “negotiation” skill isn’t a “Lease Hackr” …let me just leave it at that. Let him get that car if he likes it, it’s like talking to the wall.

1 Like

Reference points:

2017 C43 for $550 plus tax (unclear if any CCR required to achieve this payment)

2016 C450 AMG Sport (same car as 2017 C43 AMG) for $659 including 8.875% tax, maintenance and wheel/tire protection.

Granted, but at one point they were rejecting our help completely saying “[quote=“angelas210, post:53, topic:11508, full:true”]
and you seem like one of those types that likes to talk shit without offering any constructive advice
[/quote]”

Excuse me its called a reference, he wanted to know whether it was a good deal or not. His price was way above Truecar, which is absurd. You who offered zero help at all has no room to judge.

1 Like

@nyclife
i give enough value to this forum and in some cases (such as this) you can tell when it’s not worth the effort based on attitude and because people think they know better or have other priorities.

PM me. I’m interested.

What if that were in response to someone talking shit without offering any constructive advice?

I actually think @angelas210 was really reserved in his/hers responses, especially after some folks came down pretty hard on OP.

1 Like

Well, like somebody said earlier, this is not a “show us how awesome your car is” (benz forum) but a “show us how awesome your lease is”. The @willwar14 Chevy Trax $750 one-pay will get a lot more :clap: here

I totally agree!! There’s a forum for that!! Lol

I was helping someone lease a $55K C450 AMG 4MATIC (same car as C43) back in December 2015. Best I got was $525/mo + tax and $2,000 drive-off, plus $6,000 MSD. He ended getting a 340i instead.

So what were the final negotiated numbers?