PHEV tax credit

Hey how do you get trade-in values before you get the car? My issue is most places, except algo, won’t give me a good price estimate without a VIN or license plate. I don’t know if I wanna purchase a vehicle and be stuck with a 10-15k depreciation right off the bat

Find a similarly optioned used one for sale and pull the vin and run that

3 Likes

I have been buying and trading in the same exact cars (X5 45e and 330e) with the same dealer so I have a first-hand experience on what the trade-in value should be. I custom order the cars so if the resale values were to tank while I own the car for about 6 months before the next one arrives and flipping the car brings no profit via tax credits, I am “stuck” with the car that I want to drive anyway.

1 Like

But are the 530e’s retaining enough value for the tax credit to make up for the depreciation and be a net positive?

not really…

1 Like

Trying to get to 5% + Loyalty for the X545e. Already had one get to 3% so we will see if i can get over the hump. Looks like a lot of options are being removed so i may just wait.

And someone may just do that deal to sell a remaining 2022 allocation. There’s only 38 unsold modifiable nationwide.

2 Likes

What’s the rush to buy now with only a 2k price increase (although some option prices are going up as well). A 2023 model will retain value longer than a 2022 at this point.

I took the 3% on a 2023.

scratch that. got an allocation for a 2022.

1 Like

mind sharing the dealer who’s doing 3% off? looking for one as well

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.