Pet Peeve...owners not removing window stickers!

I know I should just ignore it, but it drives me crazy to see people driving around with those “legalise” stickers on the drivers window. Often times it’s compounded by the temporary registration sticker in the windshield well after the owner has received their plates.

What’s more, is that I often see it in luxury cars costing 100K+…I guess in a world where people keep stickers on the baseball cap brims, I shouldn’t be surprised.

And note to dealers…stop putting those service “reminder” stickers on my windshield after I get my car serviced. Though at least those easlly come off without leaving residue.

Rant over…will yell at cloud later today.

3 Likes

Not removing dealer decals bugs me.

9 Likes

What id we dont keep them long enough to remove. Im just helping the next dealership haha.

3 Likes

I have them removed before leaving the lot. I tell them unless they’re paying me to advertise, I’m gonna pull them off anyways

1 Like

As my boss discovered after leaving his temp tag sticker on his car window for a year, it’s HARD to remove after a long time, and he’s too busy to spend an hour with a razor trying to get it off.

Decals you say? How about actual badges lol. Looking at you Sewell :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It would fall on the new owner to take that off of their car or request it be removed.

i make sure the dealer does not do anything with the car (no front license plate mount or dealership decal/badges)!

Oh 100%. My comment was in response to the fact that there’s so many owners driving around with actual Sewell badges on their cars

1 Like

That’s me currently. I did took too long to remove from my old tacoma and it was a pain getting all the sticky off of it.

I’ve had my Lightning for two days - This thread has inspired me to get it off today lol.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my LH sticker.

1 Like

Lemon Essential Oil works on the sticky residual.

My vote goes to Autonation license plate holders. They are just horrible.

5 Likes

Same here. But we are a veeeeery small minority of car buyers since those damn things are on virtually every car on the road. I guess most people don’t mind their cars being a moving billboard.

Great cause, understandable color, but just doesn’t work.

As Inhave said to umpteen dealers over they years, I’ll be happy to provide advertising for your company. But I’m not doing it for free. So pay me for being a driving billboard for you or remove that from my car please.

The wildest ones are where there is the dealer badge on the back and license plate covers on both front and back.

I think some people just assume it’s the law or something. I can’t explain it any other way. Like why would you not remove that shit ASAP?

As a courtesy to the dealer where you are a returning customer?
I’m talking about license plates frames only.

One dealer I worked for used plate frames to know who bought the car from us for free car washes. No plate frame, no car wash unless you had a tiny sticker on your windshield. But otherwise, I think some people either don’t care, see it as a free plate frame, or it is a source of pride/bragging (i.e. I bought my car from the BMW dealer and not a used car lot). But at the end of the day, who cares what other people do about plate frames? If you don’t want one, just say you don’t want it. You don’t have to make it anything more than that. It’s like complaining the dealer gave you a key chain with their logo on it.

2 Likes

Source of pride for doing something millions do every year? Peeps be weird

But yeah you’re right, do whatever floats your boat. Doesn’t hurt me.

Those license plate frames cause hilarious drama in select circles. Cousin lives nextdoor to a subie salemen. After bringing home his new outback from a cross town rival that had those license plate frames (I assume cause nothing else makes sense), the salesmen started a routine, where every evening he stand in his driveway and act all outraged while looking at the plate frame.

Thankfully that stopped, as he moved to a Kia dealership.