PenFed payment Saver

Where do you check the estimate by vehicle? I’m not seeing it even on the PenFed site

You have to be a member to access the calculator.

Currently comparing PenFed vs AFG via a local Credit Union here in MI. Most credit unions that support the AFG balloon loans have strict membership requirements, like being military, teachers union, living in certain communities, etc…

In apples to apples, the AFG program is normally lower payments than PenFed. The problem with both of the online calculators is that it doesn’t show all the options, and sometimes won’t reflect real MSRP. For the Dodge Challenger example, it doesn’t have a Widebody option which is over $6k. So it doesn’t make sense to use them as that extra money is not residualized.

The AFG calculator link above does not require a membership like the PenFed calculator. Play around with the numbers, and note that each credit union offers different rates. I think the standard rate is 2.99%, but my credit union has it at 2.75%. Not a big difference, but YMMV.

Good luck and I’ll post on here once I finalize the deal on my new Challenger.

I got an email to confirm a deposit in my bank account within 1-3 days . Once I confirm they will complete the proccess. Till then I can still verify payments.

That’s the weird thing, I am a member, and I can access the Estimate payment for the Payment Saver and other car loans, but I don’t see anywhere to put a vehicle in. It just asks for the MSRP/vehicle price.

Ask @z0lt3c, he was posting specific vehicles the other day.

You have to answer the first three questions on the calculator form in order to get the vehicle selector to load

1 Like

Tesla residuals seem to be pretty pessimistic.

A little late, but agree 100%. I opened an account roughly 30 days ago. Still need to pass 60, but I’m in no rush. Good to have as an option when auto shopping.

1 Like

Anyone in MI should look for a lease through MSU FCU or Alliant CU. Both are with CULA and have a giant network of FCA stores on the program. PM me the dealer you are working a deal on the challenger and I’ll see if we work with them.

3 Likes

Is the point, so you have equity at the end.

PenFed still hasn’t approved my membership. I contacted support and they can’t even seem to find my application, even though I uploaded a bunch of shit they asked for to their site. Little bit scary that they lost my sensitive personal info.

That is strange…

Did you get email with confirmation?

When I uploaded the documents they sent an email saying “thanks for uploading your documents” and that they’ll review the info and I should hear something in 3-5 business days. That was a Saturday, and the next Monday was a holiday, so I gave it some extra time but it’s been 6 days now. Now they say they can’t find any info on my application ever existing.

Sometimes they need a copy of your SS card which takes a few days for them to approve. Stay patient

They finally found the application, and they were missing a utility bill. Now I’m back to waiting for them to review my documents again.

I guess it’s working out fine though, because Carmax upped the offer on my Pathfinder again so now I’m going to buy it out, and still make $2000 more than the dealership was offering even after paying taxes and fees. Assuming the market doesn’t crash before I get the title, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take especially since I still haven’t found a replacement yet.

Hopefully in the time it takes to get the title, the dealership can find what I want and get it in stock.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.