Penfed BMW discount

Sorry have both

I see Jeep, Audi, Mercedes, Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, Ram, and a savings account with an APY that’s less than half what anyone with internet access can find.

1 Like

If you look in the$2k discount on bmws website it mentions penfed

I have no idea what that means. I checked Penfed’s discounts through their car buying service before I replied, the only brands listed are what @trism confirmed.

Link??

$2000 - BMW Domestic Military Program

DETAILS:

All USAA and Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) Members eligible may receive special incentives on select vehicles. USAA member requires a BMW Manufacturer Incentive Code Certificate. Not transferable to friends or family members. USAA member must be the Purchaser of record.

Most dealers have this on their website

1 Like

There is nothing on BMW corporate’s website (it’s a dead link). In the past you had to generate a certificate on Penfed’s website, but they aren’t listed anymore. BMW stopped offering this at the end of 2021, I think the dealer websites just failed to remove those pages

Unless a BMW dealer/broker can confirm it’s returned?

1 Like

I am just as confused, no mention on BMW corporate or PenFed’s site, but Edmunds mentions the same as the dealer site. ($1500 for USAA/PenFed).

1 Like

Autobytel lists it also, but no terms or specifics. Possible it’s “military id req” vs affiliate?

@BMW_Dave @IAC @AP919

It seems late in the month for Penfed to be slingling secret incentives …

1 Like

You have to verify active, veteran, or family status through Id.me. You should be able to use the same qualifications you originally used to qualify for PenFed.

1 Like

You can join PenFed with a $9 donation to the American Turd Recycling Guild.

(And it’s for the planet)

1 Like

That is useful, thanks.

I am a PenFed and NFCU member through stolen valor.

I had to verify through ID.me to file my tax returns this year, I’m sure copies of my passport are hanging in a break room in Manilla, but that’s who the Feds use. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

You should really add USAA to your military exploitation portfolio.

Is there an ETF?

Absolutely fucking not, never. That’s who the FBI employee who rear-ended me had (so far resulting in 2 surgeries), and they were a God damned nightmare. Slow, lazy, incompetent. I’ve also been approached no less than 6 times to consult for them, and I refuse to even interview.

PenFed is just a $55 insurance policy for any car buying incentives. I keep a few bucks at NFCU, since I cashed out those awesome CDs they had a couple years ago I just have their Visa that pays for Amazon Prime and Trusted Traveler. But I’m only a member of the latter because I briefly shared a mailing address with another NFCU member.

1 Like

Innocent suggestion.

Sorry.

1 Like

As far as I know it ended. About a year or so ago, the PenFed discount transitioned to PenFed via True Car, but you can see it’s not listed there either:

I recently had a customer who validated through id.me for some other non-military membership that was equal to the same amount, but I’ll have to search through my email. It might have to wait until the morning because I have a massive migraine. Sorry. :confused:

Either way, @Carbuster1, the $2,000 for military, which was always the same amount as PenFed, is only for a cash purchase/outside financing, so you’d lose loyalty if you have it. Otherwise, it’s $500 for military, etc. On some cars, the $500 + loyalty works out better or the same on a lease. On a purchase, it depends on whether you have the cash or what interest rate you’re getting with outside financing. BMW is currently 3.99% for an X7 purchase.

2 Likes

It ended in the calendar year iirc. I ordered an X 5 in January but was kicking myself for missing the $3250 that ended like 4 days into the new year.

1 Like

Yes I saw this until last week so was confused.

I can use outside financing. I don’t have loyalty any more. I have corp fleet + OL code and I can probably get navy federal.

Navy Federal! That’s what it was!
https://navyfederal.truecar.com/oem/landing/bmw/

That’s the same as military. Keep in mind that OL codes may vary by region and a dealership may only give the $500 from BMWFS. I haven’t had one work in a long time, but I think you need to finance with BMW FS for an OL code (should say it in the fine print). Corporate doesn’t work with military, though. So, really, you need to pick the best combination of incentives and interest rates that work for you.

1 Like

Been kind of a pain in the ass with those lately regarding USAA/Lease savings. The easier of the ones to get is NFCU but you have to outside finance for that.

1 Like