Payoff Situation Need Advice

So I recently sold my 18’ Infiniti Red Sport to Vroom last month. Pulled the payoff amount gave Vroom all info they paid IFS then gave me my positive equity check. All is good. I sent in another payment on the 1st just to be in good standing with IFS to receive that back as a reimbursement once the account closed. So payoff was posted on the 14th to my account. I checked today my account still hasn’t closed and I have a -460.39 balance, but still is showing me to make a payment on the 1st.

I reached out to IFS now their telling me I have a balance of 7k on the account…how is that even possible? I have the payoff documentation and the -460 balance. I would assume Vroom would have an issue if they can’t transfer the title…IFS CS is a joke. They can’t even do anything. Their escalating the matter apparently. I reached out to Vroom’s Contract Dept getting those people on the phone is finding a needle in a haystack. Anyways, they wrote a ticket for me so I’m waiting to hear back.

What’s my course of action? I have the documentation. I’m just concerned about my credit at this point. The account has been satisfied to the contract I have. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

What does the latest statement show? Does it match what they’re telling you? If not, did you ask them for a new statement?

Did they send a check? Does the remittance have a phone number on it?

Nobody here is IFS or Vroom, so maybe get the latest from them in writing and give them 24 hours to compare their stories? Assuming it’s not just a delay getting the title.

I understand why you did this — I would never have done this as long as I had paperwork from Vroom well-before the IFS payment date: guaranteed an extra phone call to get your money. Any late fee would not have hit your credit report before it was reversed, even if Vroom’s payoff was wrong and you owed them. I just have no patience for that anymore. :telephone_receiver::hourglass_flowing_sand:

I understand the concern: until they prove competent enough to sort it out, collect all the documentation in case one needs something from the other.

Good luck.

1 Like

This is what it shows. It’s way off from the rep told me. Yes, Vroom sent me a Equity check. I’ll have to look at my statement.

I was debating sending in the payment because they did receive the check on August 25th, but didn’t want to risk a temporarily potential credit ding.

I’m waiting on Vroom and IFS now, so we’ll see. Thanks for the response.

This looks like they owe you money

1 Like

Exactly! I’m just confused why they say I owe 7k🤷🏻‍♂️…I’m just worried on my account they say I still need to make a payment by the 1st since it isn’t closed per the CSR and my dashboard.

When I paid off my finance loan with Lexus. It takes them about 1 month to close everything. But they automatically stop accepting payments from me

2 Likes

Thanks Calvin. I’m just hoping what the CSR told me at IFS their system hasn’t updated. I do have documentation and if the payoff was wrong I don’t think Vroom would of sent me a equity check.

That’s not a statement

You should be able to view what you owe, in “view statements” tab. Click last 3 months and see what you actually owe. If the statement say -460.xx the the CS rep word is prolly worthless. IFS does take their sweet time to update anything.

1 Like

I know that’s the current payoff via my dashboard

The payoff was posted on the 14th so the current statement won’t reflect the -460 but I should be getting it here in a few weeks. I’ll check the other 2.

Just a update spoke to a NMAC senior rep I guess Vroom sent the payoff check to their payment center address instead of their payoff address. They are trying to figure out why their is a additional balance but pay term is processing as a full payoff. It’s quite the circus hopefully it gets sorted. I do have a 15 day grace period so we’ll see.