Patience is a virtue - don't rush to lease new models like BOLT, Genesis G90 etc

Lol, yeah and I jump the gun eventhough i have 6 months left on my other lease. Last months Chevy deal is a no brainer!!!

Your backup plan of not getting a bmw is a genesis? Have you looked at E400 or Lexus?

Not a fan of the driving feel of Lexus and I’ve had the E class in my family for about 15 years lol. My dad was a fanatic. I got myself a 16 genesis which I loved but unfortunately I had got in an accident after only 8 months. So I didn’t get to really enjoy the car. So I was thinking same car but fully loaded v8😁

Does a recall like this affect sales? And therefore they offer better lease incentives to stay in the game? DO you think this would apply to all Hyundai and Kia models?

Exhibit B:

In December, Ridgeline was 500+

Now

Yes it’s leasing 599 but it’s not worth that.

Patience will bring that dollar down.

i jumped on the equinox in dec based on the history of chevy dumping cars at end of year when i should have waited until march. I think all you can do is be educated and when you see a “steal” jump on it. There will always be someone who will get something cheaper than you did.

I don’t think anyone should have waited…It was the correct decision to jump on it in December. The March conquest was a one-off that may never be replicated and was only for lessees of certain brands.

This is good, Now we are talking Honda!

So help me understand MSD, The only point of putting an upfront deposit is so that you get a better rate?
I thought if you are a tier 1 customer MSD’s don’t get you any better rate. Someone care to explain?

Most dealers know of MSDs as a way for low credit score people to get a better rate so when you in as Tier 1 and ask, they get confused.

The MSDs lower the rate by the exact same percent whatever tier you are in. There are some vehicles (like the Infiniti Q50) where the interest rate is almost zero so there is no point to put MSDs or you can just put 1 or 2 down and not max it out. With Infiniti too, you just have to hit 700 and all the MFs are the same after that. 0.00006 MF = 0.144% interest for the Q50

MSDs provide the good rate of guaranteed return. For example, if you are saving $40/mo on a $500/mo payment with MSD of $4,000 - that is 10-11% rate of return with zero effort – just write a check and you pocket the $40/mo.

Most of the folks here are financially responsible and conservative. They will advise you to lease or buy a car you can afford, save the cash for MSDs before thinking about leasing. If you have credit card debt of 20% and then NOT doing MSDs, you are basically going 30% negative on your money every month — yikes!!