Patience is a virtue - don't rush to lease new models like BOLT, Genesis G90 etc

In 2013

In 2017

In 2016, BOLT is 400 a month. In 2018??? …

What happened with the other screenshot that showed $304/mo incl. tax? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t doubt that prices come down but

(A) how long does one play the waiting game

(B) it’s a comparison of a $50k MSRP car to one thats 41

The original screenshot did not fit my purpose too well, so I found a better one :slight_smile:

I am not saying prices are coming down, I am going the other way - the prices at the start of any new model launch are inflated.

I addressed point 2 by making it a fairer comparison 50k MSRP vs 48k MSRP:)

And by this metric, Bolt should be 250 soon :slight_smile:
People are getting quote in the 800s for Genesis G90. I wil bet you 1k , G90 will be in the 400s in 2018 :slight_smile:

I see. So, the truth that in 2013 there were $300/mo Q50 leases is not important? :slight_smile:

Naturally every OEM hopes the new product will be an organic hit, and won’t require lease support. When sales tail off or don’t meet expectations…

Even if they are an “organic hit”, the manufacturer thinks, let us pump up the volume 10x since everybody wants our new car!

how much patience is required for the 2017 bmw 540i lol

A few more months as the 2018 models come in

Addin Alfa Giulia to the list > Now leasing for 599, will soon be 299 lol

3 Likes

There is a lot you can add to this list. Like S90.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I remember reading old posts of people paying $500-700 a month for an i3? Now you can get one for AT LEAST 1/3 that.

End of the month and $540 ish would be required. :slight_smile:

And things like this don’t help either. Looks like $99 Hyundais should be possible in next few months :slight_smile:

========
Hyundai, Kia recall 1.4M vehicles; engines can fail

Associated Press
Tom Krisher, AP Auto Writer
Associated PressApril 7, 201733 Comments
DETROIT (AP) – Hyundai and Kia are recalling 1.4 million cars and SUVs in the U.S., Canada and South Korea because the engines can fail and stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

The recall covers some of the Korean automakers’ most popular models in the U.S. and Canada including 2013 and 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUVs and Sonata midsize cars. Also covered are Kia Optima midsize cars from 2011 through 2014, Kia Sportage SUVs from 2011 through 2013 and Kia Sorento SUVs from 2012 through 2014.

The South Korean recall includes Hyundai’s Grandeur and Sonata sedans and Kia’s K5, K7 and Sportage with engines produced from 2009 to 2013.

All have either 2-Liter or 2.4-Liter gasoline engines. The U.S. engines were made at the Hyundai’s engine plant in Alabama.

The companies say in documents posted Friday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that debris left from manufacturing can restrict oil flow to connecting rod bearings. Since they are cooled by oil, the restriction can increase temperatures and cause the bearings to wear and fail, and the engines could stall.

Owners will hear a knocking sound from the engine that increases in frequency as the engine speed rises. They also could get engine warning lights on their dashboard, Hyundai spokesman Jim Trainor said. Those with problems should contact their dealers.

On the flip side, last month was a good time to jump on a Chevy and not wait.

You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!

Only if you qualified for the Asian Persuasion Lease.
I’m hoping they bring back the $1,500 - $2,000 loyalty.

If they are eliminating MSD, then looks like better get it now :slight_smile:

lol looks like i’m going to go to my backup plan of the genesis 5.0. around june when the new model comes in so i get a discount. i’m thinking it would be possible for 500 a month.