Over on Miles, 8 Months Left in G80 Lease

Hi all, new to the forum with a question I feel like I know the answer to. (Please be kind.)

I have a 2017 Genesis G80 AWD lease, currently at 375/mo for 3 years. I have a 15,000 mile a year lease, but halfway through my lease my miles for my commute increased by a lot. My lease total is 45,000 miles, but I have 8 months left with it and I’m at 50,000 miles. I’m just trying to weigh all of my options, and I know many people will say “why did you lease?!” I didn’t expect to suddenly put on so many miles due to my new commute. Right now I feel like my only option is to buy it out at the end of the lease- are there any other options before my lease ends? Something I can do now? Or is buyout the ONLY option?

I really appreciate any and all help and options. You guys have a great forum and helped me understand things many times before.

Obviously you need to check equity before you consider a buy out. If the vehicle is worth less than the residual (hint: it’s worth way less), you’re just throwing good money after bad.

IMO you absolutely need to be rid of the thing by 60k miles (warranty expiration).

There are about 1000 threads on here for the same topic. My suggestion would be to get close to 60k miles and then roll the remaining lease payments into purchasing a vehicle with good residual value.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response- The powertrain goes to 100,000 miles but the basic ends at 60k. Thanks for the good advice, will consider!!

1 Like

Hence why I would put a limit of 60k. Every single thing in that vehicle needs to work properly when you turn in the lease.

3 Likes