Over on mileage by 30,000 On Escalade...options?

Regardless of that though, there’s no mileage discount at grounding. Your only chance is at inception.

Possibly for business/tax purposes paying an extra $2,000 for 10,000 miles is better than buying.

Someone that knows they’ll be driving that much shouldn’t lease, period.

Going 5k over miles is one thing. 30k shows he either didn’t bother to figure out at inception how many miles he needed or he just thought that the mileage restriction is something easily overlooked at lease end.

or like @305Hackr said earlier…“I’ll just deal with it when the time comes” and now that judgement day is near, he’s scrambling.

Pay the $7500 and learn. I’d pay that to drive an Escalade for 30k.

1 Like

He’s going to have to pay the mileage overage, no way is the car worth anything near the buyout, especially with an additional 30k miles on the clock.

This is strange logic to me. I know you’re not the first one to bring it up, but sure… in a vacuum, who wouldn’t pay 7,500 to drive an Escalade 30k miles? We’re not in a vacuum though and there are other extenuating circumstances because he’s not JUST paying 7,500 dollars to drive an Escalade for 30k miles… he’s paying 7,500 dollars on top of whatever he got the Escalade for at lease inception (lord knows what that deal even looks like) to drive the Escalade, what? Some 60k-75k total miles?

How many oil changes/tire changes/damage/maintenance was that over that time period? How tired would one person be of driving a behemoth like the Escalade that much? Just some thoughts I had as I saw other folks had this same line of thinking.

2 Likes

Agree with this wholeheartedly. Let’s assume 800/mo for giggles. The effective lease payment just rose to 1008/mo for the extra miles. That’s not taking into consideration any outside of warranty issues/extra maintenance (assuming he didn’t run this thing into the ground…belts/hoses/batteries/struts/suspension parts don’t last forever). Extra oil changes/gas/tires…

He didn’t pay an extra 7500…he paid a helluva lot more than that. AND, he’s got to fork over a hefty 7500 payment at the end rather than gradually over 36 months. That is a big pill to swallow for many. Granted, I have no clue what this guy/gal’s financial situation looks like either.

It’s funny, dude made one post, hasn’t responded, but there’s a really lengthy discussion on a matter which is pretty open and shut.

1 Like

I could be mistaken, but this stinks of

2 Likes

I’m giving him/her the benefit of the doubt and another day to reply, otherwise, there’s really no point in leaving this post open for 20 more people to chime in with what’s already been said countless times.

I’m sure it’s in great shape too…

1 Like

I leased a '15 Yukon SLT (39mth/10k) when I lived 3 miles from work and was putting 4-6k per year. Seemed like plenty of miles. 6 weeks after I signed I found out my company was relocating 150miles away. I drove back and forth a ton of times on weekends while we were house shopping. Burned through my 32.5k allotted miles in about a year and a half. I ended up turning it in early (probably took a bath on it, but oh well) and upgrading to a '16 Denali w/12k. That ended up being not quite enough mileage for me as I am near my limit and have 8 months left, but will probably turn it in in the next few months. My point is, sometimes life happens.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that life happens sometimes. However, the OP asked if he can just turn the car into a different dealership, and stated that he doesn’t want to pay too much overage. That kinda tips me off that this isn’t an instance of life taking a funny turn.

OP can PM me if s/he wants the thread re-opened.

2 Likes

Beat me to the punch :slight_smile: