Outsource Your Childcare to Mary Poppins 🚼

Has nothing to do with lease payments that include a comma, so splitting the thread.

With that, talk :baby_symbol::tipping_hand_man:t2: Au Pair and Nanny and 5-figure preschool.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the exorbitant, but necessary, costs of daycare in this thread.

It’s not unusual for a daycare bill to be $1500-$2500 per month per child.

6 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Thank god I don’t have kids.

4 Likes

Gets cheaper as they get older

1 Like

Maybe everyone forgot just coz no one’s paying it now…

Does it? Last I checked college is $100k+ these days.

That’s in reference to daycare :blush: infants generally $1-2k, depending on where you live. Once you get to elementary school, after school care runs a few hundred bucks a month. Again, ymmv

Prior to the shutdown, I paid $301 / week for childcare for 5 days a week 8 hours a day.

That’s a nicely equipped Cayenne and a guitar every third month. But what price my little princess learning and socializing.

:bat:

6 Likes

That’s the point I was getting at :slight_smile:

Everyone is noting all of the expenses and debts on the books above, but I was surprised not to see daycare.

That’s more expensive than any non super car lease out there, but I don’t bat an eyelash because it’s for the kiddo.

We don’t need 5 days/week because my wife works 12 hr night shifts as a nurse, coupled with having grandparents nearby, but it would be between $1500 and $2500 if we did.

$2500 for a chain like Bright Horizons (MA)
$1500 for a one off/in-home

3 Likes

I actual did mention daycare

You did? Oh sorry.

I read through like 100 replies and didn’t catch that one.

My bad on that (it’s a long thread) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m 45 min outside of Boston and spending 2,500 a month on full time daycare for 2 kids. Counting down the months until kindergarten!

That countdown is real!

Kindergarten comes and all of a sudden the mortgage, or a good chunk of it, is covered !

I completely forgot about daycare, we’ve out grown it, but it’s straight up a $1000+/mo payment, especially when they are little. With that said, I’m trying to find the $1000/mo car in my driveway…oh wait the CFO/kids have found a way to burn that cash

3 Likes

Private college? Yeah, probably, with room and board.

However, that is very far from the truth.

All this talk about 1000 a month cars, we just got the numbers for an advanced kindergarten and it’s 35k a year.

4 Likes

That’s just downright criminal.

I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but no way in hell does it take $35K/yr to teach kids how to open a juicebox.

1 Like

I think the most expensive undergraduate program w room and board is right around $75K last I read

I just laid off my nanny but I will pay her half for probably another month sigh

1 Like

They start math, some science and reading and writing. But even still I feel most of that we can do at home. You have to do a entrance exam as well.

1 Like