Out of state registration with FCA dealers

That is the simple solution, I definitely agree.

I have a fear of a serious readjustment of the RVs for the Gladiator. That’s why I’m trying to get this done before the end of April.

1 Like

California loves to take money. They just don’t make it easy to not give them money.

1 Like

If they won’t budge by Saturday I may just use this as leverage to ask for another $500 off and try my luck with the refund.

They seem to be asleep at the wheel of adjusting their RVs.

2 Likes

Very true. I hope you’re right but I don’t want to take the risk.

I will eventually cave but I’m making sure it’s legitimate and not because a DMV clerk doesn’t want to spend an extra hour on a computer.

Sales guy even told me they went from 1200 a month to about 1/10th of that. So there is very little sympathy from my end for making them do the extra work.

Would you mind sharing the terms of your Gladiator lease? We were looking at one too. Good luck!

@ElectricEliminator has posted a lot of info in his Gladiator thread

Update:

The dealer could/would not do out of state registration. I will be extorted almost $700 for one month of California Registration. Oh well, I still got a good deal (will post tomorrow) and I did not want to risk a RV adjustment in May just to save a couple hundred.

Unrelated question: does anyone know how to add a person to the registration/title with US Bank?

Title is in my cosigners name only (she was put as primary) due to US Bank/dealer stupidity.

So she isn’t even a co-signer? It’s pretty much just her car? :man_facepalming: Don’t sign the deal/paperwork if it’s wrong and they don’t want to fix it.

1 Like

Trying to register in California with my lease out of Az. Dmv says I need paperwork and Chrysler says that they need to request it via fax. What is the right steps? Everyone is pointing fingers at each other. Haha

The process should be:

• You call your leasing copy for a limited power of attorney to register the car, which they send you
  • You take the car to a CA smog station and get it smogged
  • Once you have POA and smog, you can go to DMV (or make an appointment) for a VIN scan and to finalize the registration
1 Like

Awesome. Let me give them a call right now

And bring your check book! You’ll pay the tax on the $7500 EV credit.

Depends on if he’s a CA resident acquiring a vehicle from AZ or an AZ resident relocating to CA with an existing AZ lease.

IIRC Harold is in SoCal, which IS another state to us NorCal’rs. Ha. My Clutch dealer on NV did the QuickPlates routine, but I still had to pay the $600+, along with VIN check form and smog form. Clutch’s AZ dealer needs to learn about QuickPlates.

2 Likes

According to CA, if you spend 1 day registered and driving in CA, then no refund. But I’m a bit confused what you are looking for in ‘11 months’ of refund.

Those posts in this thread are from April 2020

1 Like

I called ccap earlier for the second time. They are gonna send me a poa and a copy of the title so I can register. Hopefully that’s all I need. I did a smog test earlier. I’ve been seeing the cost of registration around 600-700. On the registration form it’s asked if the dealer collected taxes. I have to check the dealer paperwork for that info too

Well then Split the thread! You’re a mod! hehe.