Optimizing a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4Xe deal

, ,

Here is an $800 a month deal on an $81,380 MSRP vehicle. I know 15K a month makes no sense but again my spouse is EXTREMELY particular about this. She wouldn’t lease if it doesn’t have 15K miles. It is just one of those things where I have to pick my battles. If my spouse would give the go ahead for a Jeep I would sign the deal below instantly.

Here is an INFINITI QX60 deal I did up. This is at MSRP when the vehicle is actually listed for $70K and they really haven’t been budging on these lately. This vehicle is the only thing keeping INFINITI afloat.

Yes, definitely the base Jeep interior is WAY better than the Expedition interior. She HATES the Expedition. That is why I am looking to get her into something else that fits her needs but isn’t $1,000+ a month.

The problem here is that the 48/15k money factor is 0.00523. Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from.

1 Like

Yes, that does sound like a viable option. The MF on the SR is not terrible like the INFINITI lease but it still isn’t anywhere near what a base model MF is. That Base model is a screaming good deal.

Why are you so intent on convincing her?

If she’d rather drive a base Porsche Macan than a loaded Jeep, she should drive the Macan.

You can’t tell me the difference of, say, $50 a month is about saving money here. So what is it?

1 Like

Does the calculator say 48/15? I was doing 36/15. However, the numbers didn’t seem to stick the first time I posted the calculator link. They seemed to revert to something else.

At 36/15 the MF is .00106 and residual is 48%.

48 months is most likely the hellspawn Ally and puts you well outside warranty on a jeep.

If youre looking for a 22, the terms to focus on are 24 months or 39 months through ccap.

1 Like

That is a good question. I am trying to convince her because I think if she sat in the Jeep she would change her mind about having a “Luxury” brand and she would really like the Jeep just as much. That interior has everything she wants and more. It just doesn’t have the badge she thinks she wants on the front.

I looked at Macans. Isn’t that much smaller than the Jeep? She needs to the trunk space but she doesn’t need a 3rd row. 2 row SUV would do but it needs to have as much space as possible behind the second row.

The MSRP for a Macan looked to be about $76K for what she would want. Could you get into that for less than $800 a month with nothing out of pocket?

I ve started thinking that it’s not your spouse but is actually you :joy::joy: who are considering this deal. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks, I think 39 months would work fine for us. Why 39 months and not 36 months. Aren’t the lease numbers worse for 39 months than 36 months? Is the depreciation hit 1% or 2% for the extra 3 months? On a high MSRP vehicle like this it always seemed like 39 months wasn’t worth it over 36 months.

Yes, at the moment it is me considering it. She doesn’t want to even consider it simply because of the Jeep name. If I show her the price compared to other cars that she thinks she wants and she sits in the Jeep I think she will change her mind.

Last time i ran them on the gc, 39 months was much better than 36 months. Always worth double checking in the moment in case numbers changed.

Usually 36 month programs are better, but it’s not always the case.

1 Like

I think the Summit and SR trims will have a fire sale in Summer. They are piling up. To get a good deal now, you would have to get like 15% off MSRP to offset the rv/mf vs. base 4xe trim.

If you are willing to pay $800/month, maybe look into EQS SUV…

1 Like

Yes, I do think June or perhaps July might be better. However, you never know what will happen with the tax credit. I have already had several dealers insist that the tax credit was cut in half even for leases. They let us walk out the door with a no sale over that.

I definitely think that the EQS would be a good option but again I have a very specific case where my wife says she just simply won’t ever go fully electric. Hybrid she will consider but full electric would be a non starter as well.

I know it’s not easy to get but at $80k+, I would be looking at an R1S over a Jeep, Ford or whatever.

Has she looked at the Jeep GC in person? I get trying to appease the spouse (ask me why all her cars have to have nice rims) but my wife didn’t want a Jeep either and now she loves it. As for the 15k miles, unless she is driving quite a bit, it might add more to your monthly than you need.

1 Like

It doesnt help that at the end of last month, one of the databases where incentive data is listed eas reporting that for a couple days.

1 Like

I definitely agree on the R1S. I would get that in a heartbeat. I saw one this weekend and it is fantastic. My wife just simply will not do full electric at all. She is just terrified of it running out of battery. I have a Tesla and she sees that I never have any issues at all. Sometimes people are just set in their ways. Hybrid is as close as she will come to going electric unfortunately.

Ironically my wife couldn’t care less about the wheels. That interior though. She is so particular about the interior. That is part of the problem with the Expedition. She compromised and got an interior she hated because at the time we needed the size. Our lives have changed and we don’t need that anymore. I was hoping to get her the interior she wants without going to crazy on the price. The Jeep seems to fit that nicely.

Yes, I believe that was the case for us. Have they fixed it now?

You seem to have a higher budget… have you looked at these PHEVs?

Volvo XC60/XC90 Recharge
Audi Q5e
BMW X5 PHEV

1 Like

Yes, its been corrected

1 Like