Opinions on this offer - 2018 Subaru Legacy premium 2.5

Hey everybody,

A bit of an odd situation here. April 30th I went to a Subaru dealer and he told me he could do $310 with zero down for a 39 month 10k/year lease.

Today I called the same Subaru dealer and they changed the residual and possibly the MF (not sure because I forgot to ask what April’s MF was and he’s saying no one in his dealership still has April’s MF sheet)

Here’s the current offer for May:

MSRP: $25,564
Selling price after dealer discount: $22,891 (8.9%)
MF for 39 months: .00055
RV after 39 months: $13,293.28
Doc fee: $449
DMV fee: $337.50
Acquisition: $595
Tax: $1,547.40
Down: $0
Monthly: $323

I’m feeling salty about the $13 difference per month. Is it worth it to go to other dealers to find a better price or is this the best price I’m going to get? He’s not budging beyond his 8.9% discount off the MSRP

What’s the odd situation? Dealers are known to be more aggressive at the end of month in regards to sales price and the RV/MF may have changed in May, so it’s very reasonable that numbers would change.

RV/MF must have changed for May, so no surprise. Shop for higher discount, not a good deal on a $25K car.

What kind of discount percentage should I be aiming for? He was saying at that number he’s currently giving me he’s below his invoice price even including dealer holdback.

Some cars just will not lease well no matter what. If you want it, buy it.

He is but who cares? Read about other Subaru deals here. People get 14-16% off, though 16% is really rare.
Here, for reference:

I’m happy if I get 12% off just to bring my payment down below $300 (according to the leasehackr calculator)

12% is a good number also.

Do you know why the leasehackr calculator is showing a lower number than the dealer’s calculations even though I’m using the exact same figures as the dealer?

Try this one. Just add whatever you want to roll in into Fees Rolled In
http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

Where do you live? My phone says that’s 12%+ tax

Jersey. We have 6.625%

So then NJ tax would be around $775 for a car that’s roughly 300 before tax

I am also not sure why you are not double checking these numbers yourself? It’s your money.

1 Like

If you get the deal for $1500 under invoice you’re looking at a great deal. Subaru isn’t like a lot of other brands, there simply aren’t manufacturer rebates/incentives other than the $500 ambassador coupon and 0% financing. All of the 14-16% deals are from Forester, BRZ, and Imprezas because they simply don’t sell at the dealership and they are willing to take a loss on the car to move the inventory. If you want a more aggressive deal I suggest waiting until the 2019 roll out. Otherwise at this point you are fighting over ~$300

That’s what my target on Subaru has always been. Dealers don’t have any more to give without big loss.

Any reason why you’re doing a 39 month lease? 36 is usually better

There’s something wrong with his numbers, please post the residual and MF they gave you.

This is on a Legacy, not an Outback

how many dealers have you shopped?

Thanks misread,

April numbers for Premium Legacy
36/10
MF:.0006
Residual: 53%

39/10
MF:.00045
res:50%

339 vs 329 based on your NJ numbers, I feel like they are trying to put you together on a 39 month lease, you’re basically paying 3 more months for a monthly price difference of $10 so you are effectively paying almost 1k more for a 3 year old car after 36 months…

Anyways, the invoice on a $25,425 MSRP is $23,981. Use -1500 as a general guideline you should be at $22481. I didn’t realize this was a Legacy at first, these things sit on their lots forever, they will do anything to sell it. I am fairly confident if there’s multiple Subaru dealerships around your area someone will do 1500 under