OPINION ON AUDI A4 Titanium w/ early lease return

Down on leases past inceptions is a bad idea.

1 Like

It’s an outgoing model Audi (which don’t normally lease well) with negative equity rolled in and not enough info to determine if this is even a good deal without the negative equity.

Per kbb my current car is worth 17590, pay off is 23k

Kbb can’t give you money. Plug the info in to carvana and see what you can actually get for it. I’m sure it won’t be $23, but still worth knowing where you’re actually at.

2 Likes

You have time…which they don’t if they need vehicles gone off the lot. See if Dec gets better. Then in new year foot traffic will really go down. I’d wait and enjoy Thanksgiving.

I believe correct. Audi does waive the last three months if you lease another Audi, but I think you actually have to be in the last three months for it to be waived.

OP - terrible, terrible deal anyway you slice it. My Audi A4 is a higher trim level and about 30% cheaper per month.

2 Likes

It is not really an outgoing model. The 2020 A4 is essentially the same car, with minor cosmetic changes. The only real change I have read about is that there will be touchscreen interface, rather than a dial/buttons.

1 Like

Ok, it’s a not so insignificant refresh rather than a whole new model, on a design that’s already getting a bit tired.

Exactly. I just turned in my 2017 A4, and inquired about the 2020 models. The sales folks claim the 2020 will be a lot more expensive to lease. I do not think that will be the case, except for maybe the first few months.

That just means that they don’t intend to discount it.

I mean, sure, while they still need to clear out 2019s there won’t be deals. But when the 2019s are gone they’ll be discounted 15-25% like every other luxury sedan.

FWD Audi. Ugh.

Maybe it is because I have always had FWD cars (Honda/Acura) before, but I really liked my FWD A4. I was thinking about getting another one, but they are not offering a base model with the virtual cockpit, which I was able to get on my 2017 base model.

I’ve decided to walk away from the deal and shop around more between now and the end of the lease. Thanks all for the input and helping me through getting out of a less than par deal

1 Like

barmando - you did the right thing walking from that deal. Audi just don’t lease well in my view - and especially with those high annual miles.

1 Like