Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

I got a chuckle out of all those people who said cars would be given away for :peanuts:

6 Likes

I just rolled my eyes :roll_eyes: at those. It was the next two months of “I’m expecting a fire sale and every dealer is trying rob me blind” where I mostly LOL’ed.

The last two months have been the other way around! As they say, turnabout is fair play.:grin:

I needed a SUV and a truck. The BMW dealer I usually lease is not even responding to my emails. When I spoke to him last time, he mentioned he is not allow to discount more than 5% on SUV’s due lack of inventory. It cost me $5k to $10k more to lease car SUV than what it used to be.

It seems used car prices have done up a lot. Instead of return my Mercedes gls to dealer, I traded in to carmax and got $4k more than the residual value. Which was a surprised, before Covid, the trade in value was actually $4k less than the residual.

4 Likes

I disagree, I actually got the best deal I’ve ever got on a car and just signed yesterday. It may have been a unique situation with a dealer and I got lucky but 1/4 of the ones I contacted had good deals and better than most broker deals on here.

2 Likes

Could you please share the details of the deal.

I will when keys in hand, getting car shipped so likely a week or so.

Its ok, you can tell everyone you got the $69 Trax. No judgements here

3 Likes

Not really. He got the $309 etron.

Expensive ass peanuts. Probably more like pine nuts…

1 Like

Teasing people huh, at least tell us what brand/model :joy:

1 Like

I think vhooloo said it was an etron but he’s usually full of :poop:.

2 Likes

It’s pretty simple, really. Dealers’ whole business model depends on volume. If they’re not selling as many cars as they usually do, then they’re not able to offer the same deals since they aren’t receiving the same volume incentives from the manufacturer.

Deals are harder to find, but still pretty solid ones out there. From browsing the Marketplace…

Toyota Corolla SE - $191/month + tax, $0 drive-off - CA ($163/month with loyalty and grad)
Toyota Camry LE - $238/month + tax, $0 drive-off - CA ($210/month with loyalty and grad)
Honda Accord Hybrid - $245/month + tax, $1,000 drive-off - CA ($500 grad avail)

I was looking for someone who just wanted “a car”.

4 Likes

I also think the Pilot deals have been tremendous this month and last.

On the contrary, I have refused to sell a Tacoma to anyone the past 3-4 months when I usually do > 10/month

Ford and GM are currently producing at levels higher than before the shutdown. FCA is getting to that point in the next couple weeks. Most engine and vehicle plants have had no summer shutdown. They are balls to the wall right now.

I fully expect an oversupply condition to occur towards the end of the year. Just my opinion, same opinion that has been ripping for months on all these fools looking for their “covid deals”.

PS the Italians still took the month of August off as usual, no f’s given :rofl:

5 Likes

There seems to be a disconnect between the advertising from the Manufacturers and the response from the dealers. Trying to lease a Wrangler and have received 1 quote for a ridiculous amount after many emails. Every single dealer wants to get you in the seat and give you a lumping or wait for the next opportunity. I have never had such a reaction in 20 years of buying vehicles. Absolutely cavalier attitude totally.

1 Like

::gasp:: the poor, deprived service departments of Fiat, Alfa, and Maserati - that’s 1/12 of the usual number of new cars with Check Engine lights coming through

With fewer sales people, and servicing fewer customers per employee, they’re all trying different tactics to weed out tire kickers. If you truly need a car that bad, the average person will just come in.

:point_up_2:What he said. If you have to go in, make sure you have done all research and run numbers on your end. This way, you won’t be wasting much time at the dealer.

2 Likes